
zer0sum
Mar 21, 11:20 PM
False. Read post #95 and post #59.
Not false read #104 :D
Not false read #104 :D
markcres
Apr 20, 11:56 AM
http://www.ukscience.org/BB.jpg
Steve Jobs has become that which he once reviled.
Apple is the new fascism....
Steve Jobs has become that which he once reviled.
Apple is the new fascism....
ksgant
Mar 22, 02:47 PM
I'm waiting for the refresh of the Mac Mini myself. We're set for around the middle of May to get the tax refund for our state returns around then and that would be a perfect time for them to come out with the refresh.
rdowns
Apr 25, 09:37 AM
I thought your mom is a senior partner at the largest law firm in Michigan and your uncle is the traffic court judge ? :D
Miller Canfield is the largest law firm in Michigan and they have an office in Ann Arbor. Just sayin'.
Miller Canfield is the largest law firm in Michigan and they have an office in Ann Arbor. Just sayin'.
angelneo
Sep 13, 09:01 PM
I assume the screen would be a touch screen. I would hate to start dialing numbers using the click wheel.
cube
Apr 23, 01:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

dia del nino. por el día del

dia del nino flyer. dia del ni

dia del ni o. dia del ni o

Día del Niño

dia del ni o en mexico. dia

imagenes del dia del ni o.

imagenes del dia del ni o.

dia del ni o. dia del ni o

el dia del nino mexico. dia

AÑOS EN EL DÍA DEL NIÑO SE

Día del Niño en Madrid 2011

festejos del Día del Niño

dia del ni o 2011.
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?
baxterbrittle
Aug 31, 11:39 AM
I don't care what it is, just give us something new to talk about. Mac Pro really nice machine but we saw it coming months in advance. Maybe not he exact spec but yeah we all knew it was coming. Same with Merom, Conroe etc... Give us something new, really new. All we have had for what seems like an age is Intel switch this Intel switch that. I don't care what processor they use as long as they are faster than they were before and it's still a Mac. I want nay, need a new product - something so I know that Apple are still innovating. Switching to Intel, no innovation there just good sense.
Drag'nGT
Apr 30, 02:02 PM
For the Thunderbolt external drive discussion. What's the point of a fast connection on a rotational HDD and especially if the connection from the primary source (internal HDD) is slower than the external interface?
zacman
Mar 30, 11:33 AM
Honestly the term "app" didn't even exist 5 years ago. And yeah, it's super generic.
App has been used as short for application since the early 80s IIRC. It even has been in Dr. Peter Knittel's famous "how to translate Amiga software" correctly from English into German back then ("App(lication) = Programm").
App has been used as short for application since the early 80s IIRC. It even has been in Dr. Peter Knittel's famous "how to translate Amiga software" correctly from English into German back then ("App(lication) = Programm").
bigmc6000
Mar 23, 05:33 PM
I don't know how much support I'm going to get for this but are we seriously going to sit around and blame only the drunk drivers for this? I mean, really. Our entire society aggrandizes the idea of having a beer and bars/restaurants go out of their way to make drinks that have gratuitous amounts of alcohol but don't taste like it and we're going to sit around and solely blame the person.
WTH is the accountability to bars? They say a bar can't serve you if you're drunk - mmhmm. I will guarantee you that the bar down the street only cares if you're too drunk to stand, they couldn't care less if you're above .08%. If people cared more about preventing DD and less about just trying to catch people who gave in to the temptation of alcohol we'd have a "taxi-tax." Each drink sold has a 5 cent tax - every bar in the area has to require people to blow before they leave and if they are above .08 they have 2 options - take a cab home (paid for by the taxi-tax) or sit around, drink water and wait until it's low enough for you to drive. I've been to a fair number of bars and I've had enough where I had to have a friend drive and I will tell you that not once in my entire adult life would I have given a crap if they charged me 5 cents more per drink. Even if it had to be 10 cents more per drink I'd be fine with that as well.
As I said, if this was about safety and not just trying to get people, put them in jail and take their money they'd do that but instead they do this, help the state budget but leave millions of lives at risk every single day...
WTH is the accountability to bars? They say a bar can't serve you if you're drunk - mmhmm. I will guarantee you that the bar down the street only cares if you're too drunk to stand, they couldn't care less if you're above .08%. If people cared more about preventing DD and less about just trying to catch people who gave in to the temptation of alcohol we'd have a "taxi-tax." Each drink sold has a 5 cent tax - every bar in the area has to require people to blow before they leave and if they are above .08 they have 2 options - take a cab home (paid for by the taxi-tax) or sit around, drink water and wait until it's low enough for you to drive. I've been to a fair number of bars and I've had enough where I had to have a friend drive and I will tell you that not once in my entire adult life would I have given a crap if they charged me 5 cents more per drink. Even if it had to be 10 cents more per drink I'd be fine with that as well.
As I said, if this was about safety and not just trying to get people, put them in jail and take their money they'd do that but instead they do this, help the state budget but leave millions of lives at risk every single day...

cleric
Apr 22, 01:45 PM
I think the big advantage to this downgrade will be buying clearance and refurbished Nvidia-based MBAs for 25% discounts... Unless Apple somehow fits a standard voltage SB CPU in the 13" MBA, I think most will be better off with C2D and Nvidia 320m at discounts.
Exactly what I was thinking I'd much rather have the 320M it makes youtube and other graphics accelerated apps so much better than the 9400M, can't imagine downgrading to igp.
Exactly what I was thinking I'd much rather have the 320M it makes youtube and other graphics accelerated apps so much better than the 9400M, can't imagine downgrading to igp.
guzhogi
Sep 19, 01:41 PM
Hmm. Lets see $1M in a week, 52 weeks in a year, yup - that's about $50M. Wow - that dude is a genius!
Just wait. I have a feeling that once people get used to buying movies off of iTS, they'll convince all their friends to buy more movies and those friends would convince their friends and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 50m w/in 9 months. Hopefully, people will like the movies.
I hope that the iTV would someday get DVR capabilities like saving episodes on TV. Also, I'd like iPods to have radios & Airport built-in too.
Just wait. I have a feeling that once people get used to buying movies off of iTS, they'll convince all their friends to buy more movies and those friends would convince their friends and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 50m w/in 9 months. Hopefully, people will like the movies.
I hope that the iTV would someday get DVR capabilities like saving episodes on TV. Also, I'd like iPods to have radios & Airport built-in too.
ipacmm
Sep 14, 09:39 AM
Version 2 of Aperture will hopefully be a good upgrade. I wonder if they are going to make a more Pro and Consumer version now...
Dagless
Apr 28, 03:22 PM
Apple "beats" Microsoft?
But who has the strongest dad? :rolleyes:
But who has the strongest dad? :rolleyes:
ethana
May 3, 06:35 PM
Just picked up a 3.4GHz i7 with 8GB of RAM from the Apple Store. I took it home and installed a 256GB SSD to replace the hard drive inside. Installing the OS now. I'll post Geekbench numbers soon.
Ethan
Ethan

HitchHykr
Apr 20, 12:45 PM
I thought this was an FCC mandate (to track GPS information for cellphones) after 9/11. The real issue is that this is not encrypted in anyway so anybody can get the information if they have access to the file.
The excuse wasn't that 9/11 it was 911. There were some highly publicized cases of people dialing 911 from their cell phones and the emergency personnel being unable to find them. So of course new laws were passed. :rolleyes:
The excuse wasn't that 9/11 it was 911. There were some highly publicized cases of people dialing 911 from their cell phones and the emergency personnel being unable to find them. So of course new laws were passed. :rolleyes:

Wonder Boy
Aug 24, 09:06 AM
I see Apple stock going up on this news. $100 Million is getting off easy. Could have been a LOT worse.
I agree. 100 million doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Now that Creative will sell iPod gear, Apple will get it back. Plus everyone can put this behind them so they can release the damn videoPod.
I agree. 100 million doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Now that Creative will sell iPod gear, Apple will get it back. Plus everyone can put this behind them so they can release the damn videoPod.
iliketyla
Mar 29, 01:30 PM
I think he was referring to the older versions of Office that had weird MDI interfaces for Word and Excel, so that it only displayed one document at a time, unless you explicitly forced two separate instances of the application to run at the same time.
How is what the older version didn't do relevant?
The point people were trying to make was that Windows 7 is a good operating system, so what does it matter if past versions of Windows didn't have the functionality?
As problems arise, they are addressed. If the problem has been fixed, then give credit where it's due.
How is what the older version didn't do relevant?
The point people were trying to make was that Windows 7 is a good operating system, so what does it matter if past versions of Windows didn't have the functionality?
As problems arise, they are addressed. If the problem has been fixed, then give credit where it's due.
vincebio
Sep 14, 08:05 AM
here we go again
apple are on fire at the moment.....bring it on
apple are on fire at the moment.....bring it on
monke
Sep 13, 09:29 PM
Shard,
Didn't you hear! The new Apple phone is powered by the newly designed low-power embedded G5 chip.
G5 power phones next Tuesday! Woo Hoo!:D :D :D :eek: :confused:
And only 6 inches thick :eek: :p :D
Didn't you hear! The new Apple phone is powered by the newly designed low-power embedded G5 chip.
G5 power phones next Tuesday! Woo Hoo!:D :D :D :eek: :confused:
And only 6 inches thick :eek: :p :D
bigmc6000
Mar 23, 05:33 PM
I don't know how much support I'm going to get for this but are we seriously going to sit around and blame only the drunk drivers for this? I mean, really. Our entire society aggrandizes the idea of having a beer and bars/restaurants go out of their way to make drinks that have gratuitous amounts of alcohol but don't taste like it and we're going to sit around and solely blame the person.
WTH is the accountability to bars? They say a bar can't serve you if you're drunk - mmhmm. I will guarantee you that the bar down the street only cares if you're too drunk to stand, they couldn't care less if you're above .08%. If people cared more about preventing DD and less about just trying to catch people who gave in to the temptation of alcohol we'd have a "taxi-tax." Each drink sold has a 5 cent tax - every bar in the area has to require people to blow before they leave and if they are above .08 they have 2 options - take a cab home (paid for by the taxi-tax) or sit around, drink water and wait until it's low enough for you to drive. I've been to a fair number of bars and I've had enough where I had to have a friend drive and I will tell you that not once in my entire adult life would I have given a crap if they charged me 5 cents more per drink. Even if it had to be 10 cents more per drink I'd be fine with that as well.
As I said, if this was about safety and not just trying to get people, put them in jail and take their money they'd do that but instead they do this, help the state budget but leave millions of lives at risk every single day...
WTH is the accountability to bars? They say a bar can't serve you if you're drunk - mmhmm. I will guarantee you that the bar down the street only cares if you're too drunk to stand, they couldn't care less if you're above .08%. If people cared more about preventing DD and less about just trying to catch people who gave in to the temptation of alcohol we'd have a "taxi-tax." Each drink sold has a 5 cent tax - every bar in the area has to require people to blow before they leave and if they are above .08 they have 2 options - take a cab home (paid for by the taxi-tax) or sit around, drink water and wait until it's low enough for you to drive. I've been to a fair number of bars and I've had enough where I had to have a friend drive and I will tell you that not once in my entire adult life would I have given a crap if they charged me 5 cents more per drink. Even if it had to be 10 cents more per drink I'd be fine with that as well.
As I said, if this was about safety and not just trying to get people, put them in jail and take their money they'd do that but instead they do this, help the state budget but leave millions of lives at risk every single day...
X5-452
Aug 28, 12:29 PM
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?
fishcove
May 3, 10:25 AM
Who has room for two external displays on a desk that already has a 27" iMac?! Dual outs on the MBP would make much more sense, although achieving it may be more of a technical challenge in terms of GPU power.
I'm thinking of a 3-monitor gaming/sim setup. No desk - think cockpit.
I'm thinking of a 3-monitor gaming/sim setup. No desk - think cockpit.
Platform
Sep 26, 08:58 AM
That artists rendition posted on the front page is pointless. It's not as though that is the actual design. It looks too Nano-ish, and even the Nano look has changed.
Anyway, I'm not excited about an iPhone. It would need to give me at least one neat feature for this to be worth drooling over.
Anyway, I'm not excited about an iPhone. It would need to give me at least one neat feature for this to be worth drooling over.
No comments:
Post a Comment