Wednesday, May 11, 2011

general robert e lee quotes

general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • MrFirework
    Oct 27, 11:04 AM
    Sure, they wandered away from their stall to the entrance to hand out leaflets, but so did half or dozen or so other stallholders. The fact remains that I haven't heard of anyone else being ejected because of this. And it makes you concerned that they were singled out because of the message they were trying to convey.


    Okay... I'm not quite done, you can get back to your whining in a moment.

    See that area emphasized above? That's the exact thing that causes all our bickering in but the U.S. and the U.K.. The idea that somehow it's okay to violate contracts, laws or even social norms just because you agree with the reason for breaking said rules. If you have a problem with the rules, get them changed, until you do, obey them. There's a reason it's called "civilization" - we all have to be civil for it to work.

    Okay. Now I'm really done.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • KnightWRX
    Apr 19, 07:03 AM
    I think this may be one of those stories where the media make it sound much bigger than it is. A load of lawyers will make a ton of money and the two companies will come to some sort of licensing agreement or Apple will get a discount on some of the parts they buy.

    Or this will drag out for years and be eventually settled/judged when it is completely irrelevant. Actually, this is the most likely outcome, since all civil lawsuits over IP in the states last for years.

    We'll never quite know what happened nor do I believe anyone will dig deep enough so we actually know Apple's claims in all of this.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • BoyBach
    Aug 23, 05:52 PM
    This settlement may well be the final 'installment' in the Creative Story, who have been losing money like it's going out of fashion. Since they cannot sue Apple again over the menu system, they need to start making money the 'old-fashioned way' by selling products. But of course, in the near future Creative's major rival will not be the iPod, but Microsoft's Zune and Sandisk players...

    Then again, disregard all of the above since they'll probably try suing Microsoft instead, to keep afloat for another year!





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • iliketyla
    Mar 30, 01:45 PM
    Microsoft has their own name. I guess they are just trying to protect the descriptive nature of the term. "Microsoft Marketplace, the app store for Windows Phone 7".

    Microsoft does not intend to use the trademark.

    I don't get why Apple filed for such a descriptive mark anyway. iTunes App Store was what they called it at first, what was wrong with that ? iOS App Store would also save all these legal troubles. Apple App Store another that's perfectly fine.

    Ahhh, I didn't realize the first part.

    Off topic, have you seen or used a Windows Phone 7 yet?





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • jessica.
    Sep 12, 02:27 PM
    I feel vindicated in my 60GB 5G purchase a few months back, particularly since I got it on sale. If I can upgrade the software, I'm all chuckles. Besides, I've almost never found the screen brightness an issue.

    I do wish I could ultra-boost the audio on-board. Some of the video digitizations I have are too quiet.
    I am with you 100%. I am very happy with the updates and love the green nano! I was going to buy a nano so I can get the nike package, but I was only going to get the 1gb for $149. Now I'd get the 2gb for $149 but they don't offer colors so now I'm going to get the 4gb...completely uncessary for me and what I want it for (jogging and gym) but I want green!





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • vwcruisn
    Mar 23, 05:58 PM
    you don't think a web app will pop up for this the second these apps are removed from the store?

    ***I am 100% against drunk driving, if you drive drunk you are ignorant and should be put in jail. period.

    what about other dangerous/distracted drivers? People who use a cell phone, speed, eat, text, don't wear corrective lenses when they are supposed to, etc. Aren't they just as big of a risk to everyone's safety? Do you think they should be thrown in jail? Why single out one type of "bad" driver?





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • ghostlyorb
    Apr 4, 11:58 AM
    I've never seen a mall security guard carrying a gun.

    I have. And it said that it was BEFORE the mall opened. So if it was night security.. it's different.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • Dmac77
    Apr 25, 12:57 AM
    I think the point is that traffic laws were made to prevent stuff like this in the first place. Had you been obeying the law, there would be no issue, other than maybe a slight annoyance for a couple minutes driving a little slow.

    If I'm reading this correctly, neither the woman nor you had a right to drive like that. Just because someone pulls something like a brake check, doesn't give you or anyone else the right to act dangerously. Aggressive driving is what gets people hurt or killed.

    The simple fact is that I should not have to obey a 70mph speed limit if I don't want to. Why would I even bother driving a car that can hit 186mph (with the speed governor removed, with the governor top speed is 155mph) at 70 mph? A Ford Fiesta can hit those speeds, what's the point of fast cars if you're going to follow the speed limit in them?

    EDIT: @ Rodimus - Had she hit me when I slammed on the brakes, she would have been at fault. All I have to do is tell the cop that I thought I saw an animal run across the road. She is supposed to keep enough distance to be able to stop if I slam on the brakes. Doesn't matter than I cut her off, she has to prove that I did, and she also has to prove that I slammed on the breaks with malice.
    -Don





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • applebro24
    Mar 22, 01:19 PM
    Come on Mac Mini update; well overdue for a refresh. That Core 2 Duo is keeping me from buying.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • Cameront9
    Aug 23, 05:32 PM
    Steve Jobs knew this was a BS patent and it shows in his comments. Absolutely Stupid. Hell, the LISA had a Hierarchal File System. I'm still angry that this patent was even granted in the first place.

    Bottom line: Creative knew this was a BS patent, too, but they figured they had to try. However, when the patent was granted to them, they had a weapon in their war against the iPod. Rather than concentrate on making a better product, they used this weapon as a way to get some quick cash. They bet on Apple settling and not going to court.

    In the meantime, MS comes in and announces Zune, which threatens other WMA compatible players like Creative's offerings. Creative now thinks they need a backup plan and decides that during the negotiations with Apple, they can get them to give them a license to produce iPod-approved products. Now they have a fallback incase their own offerings fizzle out.

    The question is: Will they go after Microsoft, too? It would be hypocritical not to, after all.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • ctachme
    Sep 19, 01:49 PM
    Considering that the iTS is like the 5th biggest music vendor, they sure suck at selling movies. 125k is nothing compared to real movie vendors.

    Maybe when they get more than 75 movies. Amazon unbox started with like 2000 movies!





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • Dorkington
    Apr 18, 11:58 AM
    So the US doesnt even have paid holiday from work?

    Depends where you work. My job, I get 10 holiday days, and 20 vacation/sick leave days. But at former jobs, I got no paid time off.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • Tha Professor
    Apr 22, 04:41 AM
    I don't even know why am I so excited about this since I always have my iPod classic with me.

    Even though it would be awesome if iPhone had an external-cloud based space of 160 GB to substitute my loaded gem. That could seriously break the need for 256 GB SSDs in iPhones for us audiovores...

    Now only if all my music would be on iTunes Store too....
    :apple:





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • tekmoe
    Aug 29, 06:27 AM
    what time were the macbooks released earlier this year?





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • milo
    Sep 6, 08:03 AM
    Either way, what are you going to do with a HD version of the movie on your computer?

    HD is not going to happen, at least not next tuesday.

    Worth revisiting.

    The raw uncompressed bitrate for 720p = 1280*720*24bpp*30fps/(1024*1024) = 633 Mbps for 1080i it's ~711 Mbps 320x240 it's more like 53 Mbps.

    720p compressed in H.264 with 5.1 sound seems to work out to about 1100 MB for your typical 45 minute drama show (i.e. compressed down to ~3 Mbps). This compares to 200 MB for the same show from iTMS in 320x240 H.264 (700 kbps). Not bad when you consider that 720p has 12X as many pixels (1280/320=4, 720/240=3)

    Basically your typical movie would be about 2GB.

    B

    So what would be the size for a decent encoding of 480 (p or i)? Basically about DVD quality, but with a more efficient codec, which is the most likely format for release next week.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • davelanger
    Mar 30, 11:36 AM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/30/microsoft-hires-linguist-to-oppose-apples-app-store-trademark/)


    http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/03/01/135003-app_store_icon.jpg

    CNET reports (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20048486-37.html) that Microsoft has filed yet another document (PDF) (http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/ttabvue-91195582-OPP-26.pdf) in its case opposing Apple's application for a trademark on the term "App Store", moving beyond its earlier effort involving complaining about Apple's font size (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/09/microsofts-latest-legal-tactic-complaining-about-apples-font-size/) to bring in a linguist to counter Apple's own expert in debating the genericness of the term.The filing also points to Amazon's just-introduced Appstore for Android (http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011) as yet another example of the term being generic. Apple noted (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/01/apple-defends-against-microsoft-in-app-store-trademark-dispute/) in a prior filing that it had moved to protect its trademark by reaching out to companies it believed was using the "App Store" name improperly, but Microsoft argues that the simple fact that those companies were using the term in the first place indicates that the term is generic.

    Article Link: Microsoft Hires Linguist to Oppose Apple's 'App Store' Trademark (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/30/microsoft-hires-linguist-to-oppose-apples-app-store-trademark/)


    That is great coming from a company who has Windows trade marked.
    Cant they MS just call it the MSAPP Store or WinAPP store.

    Do they really need to just call it the APP STORE?





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • ChazUK
    Apr 19, 07:28 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; Nexus S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

    Samsung running Android look very very similar to Apple's, to the point where it causes confusion in the marketplace for consumers. I've seen several people mistake one of these things for an iPhone because they look that similar. It's a combination of Google's Android and Samsung's hardware.

    This confusion is no accident, that was the intent all along. There is no reason why they could not create their own look and feel... change it up enough so it's not an obvious copy. Other handset makers have been able to do that.

    The Nexus S looks different to the Galaxy S in software and physical looks but is included in the suit. As that is a Google experience device I do wonder why Apple don't target Google directly.





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • Rocketman
    Sep 9, 08:58 PM
    Any word on the difference between the C2D 2.16 and the 2.33? Is it worth the upgrade price?


    The benefit should be nearly linear, so not much. I suggest putting the price difference in a fund toward your next computer in 2 years, when something even more cool and hard top pass up will be available.

    Rocketman





    general robert e lee quotes. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • evilgEEk
    Sep 5, 10:18 PM
    My Guess:

    Just think if that Data Center Apple bought was acctually a place to store alll the studios movies. Then you pay 9.99 for the rights to what ever movie and it is streamed Slingbox style to your Airport Extreme that has HDMI, Component, Composite etc outlets for your TV. Then you have your movie you bought anytime all the time but never have to take storage of your own, and never have to deal with downloading or anything.

    You heard it hear first!
    Actually, that idea has been pitched before. ;)

    I'm not sure if I would care for that sort of service though. I'm thinking I would most likely just burn off a purchased movie to DVD, as long as it's possible of course.

    Having it remotely hosted would be nice if you're going somewhere else to watch the movie, but that's dependant upon the fact that this "somewhere else" would most likely need this device as well.

    It's a solid idea, I just don't see Apple doing it.





    mr.steevo
    Apr 20, 09:58 AM
    Ask Josh Harris what he thinks of this and he'll tell you we're right on track with losing all anonymity due to technology.

    Buckle up.





    SPUY767
    Sep 11, 09:57 AM
    I'm hoping for iMacs because I could care less about downloading Movies. Hell the only TV I download are the free eps. Unless you can get me 5.1 surround, DVD quality for a monthly fee that is less than Netflix... well, Netflix is still king to me. :)

    Especially since DVDs ar easier to copy than these files would ever be. Not that i copy DVD's or anything.

    I predict the following:

    iTunes Movie Store with... 1080 HD movie downloads.
    Updated Cinema Displays.
    New Airport Extreme with 802.11n (for streaming the said Movies wirelessly)
    iPod updates, either slightly modified nano(new cases+more compacity) and/or updated video iPods with higher compacity for said HD movies.

    ;)

    I really do think theywill be available in 1080, and that will be a very big deal.

    blueray? hd dvd? who cares i can just get them on itunes.

    Well, an 8 meg connection is adequate to stream the HD trailers in 720p. I honestly don't think that Apple would bother offering the movies in any higher quality, as the codec scales nicely, and most HD sets are 720p or just that ED crap. When a set says 1080i on the side it usually means that it can decode a 1080i signal, not that it can display it. If you have a 1080i capable TV, you'll know it cause your ass will hurt much more than the guy who buys the 720p set.





    iJawn108
    Oct 12, 08:23 PM
    Meh I want the black nano to match my macbook, not a red one. :\





    raymondso
    Sep 14, 09:59 AM
    When will i see a C2D MacBook....
    a MBP is just too large in size for me :(





    realberen
    Apr 30, 01:40 PM
    I expect the Intel Z68 chipset used:

    http://blog.saers.com/archives/2011/04/30/intel-z68-chipset-for-the-imac-thatll-be-released-tuesday-may-3rd/



    No comments:

    Post a Comment