gnasher729
Apr 25, 02:27 PM
The point is that I would have assumed that any app or part of the OS creating a database would be open and transparent about it.
What do you expect? Every application that you use will store information in databases. MacOS X keeps a database that contains every single word in every document that you ever create on your Macintosh, did you know that? Are you going all paranoid about it or are you just happy that Spotlight can find any document you are looking for in no time? Safari keeps track of every website you ever visited. Does that worry you? Do you want a list of all the thousands of databases on your Mac, and on your iPhone? Really? Did you know that Angry Birds keeps track of how well you played and stores the information on your phone without telling you? Are you really angry now?
What do you expect? Every application that you use will store information in databases. MacOS X keeps a database that contains every single word in every document that you ever create on your Macintosh, did you know that? Are you going all paranoid about it or are you just happy that Spotlight can find any document you are looking for in no time? Safari keeps track of every website you ever visited. Does that worry you? Do you want a list of all the thousands of databases on your Mac, and on your iPhone? Really? Did you know that Angry Birds keeps track of how well you played and stores the information on your phone without telling you? Are you really angry now?
cmaier
Apr 19, 01:42 PM
Apple better not win this case and anyone who thinks that they should are a fool.
Anyone who offers an opinion that people who disagree with them are fools, without even having read the 350+ complaint, might be a fool.
Wich of apple's specific claims do you disagree with?
Anyone who offers an opinion that people who disagree with them are fools, without even having read the 350+ complaint, might be a fool.
Wich of apple's specific claims do you disagree with?
leekohler
Apr 27, 02:26 PM
They're not. The proper file is flat. I downloaded and opened the PDF from the White House. Flat in both Illustrator and Photoshop, just one group on one layer... and no security on the PDF. No embedded fonts.
This is a fraud.
Uh huh- thanks again, fivepoint.
This is a fraud.
Uh huh- thanks again, fivepoint.
S i
Sep 19, 08:47 AM
All you people who keep whining about "But I want 64 bit!!!" need to step back and think about what possible benefit a 64-bit system will give you. Those of you who need to address more than 4 gigs of RAM are excused. The rest of you, tell me WHY you need 64-bit computing.
Need, no. Want, yes. I got significant performance improvements from 64-bit binaries on both development & server machines. Memory was not the issue, throughput was. Now, why do you need 32-bit when Apple should be releasing 64-bit Merom MBPs?
Need, no. Want, yes. I got significant performance improvements from 64-bit binaries on both development & server machines. Memory was not the issue, throughput was. Now, why do you need 32-bit when Apple should be releasing 64-bit Merom MBPs?
thatisme
Apr 27, 09:21 AM
Sleep walking a lot lately?
Nope. However, here are just a few threads detailing the behavior. I have to believe that this location issue is part of this problem... I guess we'll see when the "fix" is in....
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=989469&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=926618&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1064116&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050560&highlight=att+data+usage
Nope. However, here are just a few threads detailing the behavior. I have to believe that this location issue is part of this problem... I guess we'll see when the "fix" is in....
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=989469&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=926618&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1064116&highlight=att+data+usage
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050560&highlight=att+data+usage
fluidinclusion
Aug 11, 06:17 PM
These rumors surrounding the iPhone have been around for quite a while now, so I sure hope it becomes reality sooner rather than later. Who knows, if it�s really good I may actually buy my first cell phone ever. :cool:
I have not yet bought a cell phone. This summer it would have been useful, but I've been waiting for Apple (I know it's not the best idea with no real timeline).
The sooner it's released, the more likely the phone I buy will be from Apple.
I have not yet bought a cell phone. This summer it would have been useful, but I've been waiting for Apple (I know it's not the best idea with no real timeline).
The sooner it's released, the more likely the phone I buy will be from Apple.
rovex
Apr 11, 02:30 PM
Does Arn write every single article on this forum?
GLS
Mar 22, 01:42 PM
Blackberry playbook = The IPad 2 killer - you heard it here first.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
It's the killer, alright...except this "killer" cannot do email or calendering on its own.
Link (http://macdailynews.com/2011/01/17/rim_playbook_will_ship_without_email_calendar_not_a_fully_standalone_device/)
How killer is a product that requires you to use another of the manufacturer's product in order to use two fundamental things such as email and a calendar?
Say all you want about an iPad, but it never needs to be tied to another device to access email....
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
It's the killer, alright...except this "killer" cannot do email or calendering on its own.
Link (http://macdailynews.com/2011/01/17/rim_playbook_will_ship_without_email_calendar_not_a_fully_standalone_device/)
How killer is a product that requires you to use another of the manufacturer's product in order to use two fundamental things such as email and a calendar?
Say all you want about an iPad, but it never needs to be tied to another device to access email....
ChazUK
Apr 6, 01:34 PM
As someone who likes his Apple products, part of me laughs seeing numbers like this for the Xoom, but the other part thinks the same thing you post above--that Apple needs to have a successful competitor in the space to keep Apple's progress from stagnating. More competition will make them take bigger steps more quickly.
Apple are kicking arse without the competition. Do they need it at this point?
Apple are kicking arse without the competition. Do they need it at this point?
AppleScruff1
Apr 20, 12:32 PM
No, only an irrational person defends them at all cost. A die hard is one who puts up with occasional mistakes in the products.
Did threads just get merged again? Because the last dozen posts are complete rehashes of earlier posts.
Then we have a lot of irrational people here. A lot of people put up with an occasional mistake here and there.
Did threads just get merged again? Because the last dozen posts are complete rehashes of earlier posts.
Then we have a lot of irrational people here. A lot of people put up with an occasional mistake here and there.
mwswami
Jul 23, 04:28 PM
Well Swami I am going to have to call your bluff. Makes no sense to skip Conroe Dual Cores on the Mac Pro yet. This Winter 2007 with Clovertowns, perhaps post MacWorld SF. But not yet. And maybe not ever.
...
You fill in the specs. I can't remember what speeds are being offered. This is all just a wild guestimate for discussion purposes. Please don't flame me.
Don't worry I won't flame you. You may turn out to be right. Only two weeks to go ...
...
You fill in the specs. I can't remember what speeds are being offered. This is all just a wild guestimate for discussion purposes. Please don't flame me.
Don't worry I won't flame you. You may turn out to be right. Only two weeks to go ...
wmmk
Jul 14, 03:09 PM
... and the other one HD-DVD! :eek: ;) :D
:dools: whoa, that'd be lovely. would they both also accept normal DVDs and CDs?
:dools: whoa, that'd be lovely. would they both also accept normal DVDs and CDs?
JAT
Apr 19, 11:54 PM
For that matter, people say that Apple ripped off their bookshelf from Delicious Library. Which itself took it from who knows where.
Mediaman (http://www.imediaman.com/) for Windows, perhaps. The companies appear to have started within a couple months of each other, one writing on Mac, one on Win. Interestingly, neither has appeared to try going to the other OS with their virtually identical products. Suspicious?
I always wondered which actually came first.
Mediaman (http://www.imediaman.com/) for Windows, perhaps. The companies appear to have started within a couple months of each other, one writing on Mac, one on Win. Interestingly, neither has appeared to try going to the other OS with their virtually identical products. Suspicious?
I always wondered which actually came first.
~Shard~
Jul 14, 04:55 PM
I wasn't being a smartass.

Heidi Klum and son Henry

Heidi Klum Welcomed Fourth

Heidi Klum Nickelodeon#39;s 24th

heidi klum kids

heidi klum kids 2009.
Evangelion
Aug 18, 05:50 AM
Not likely to happen.
Maybe, maybe not. Fact remains that the liquid-cooling in the G5 Quad is very complex beast. And more complex things get, the more likely they are to break.
There are minimal to no reports of problems with the Quad G5 cooling system. I've run 3 of these for nearly 9 months with no problems.
A whole 9 months? Those systems are supposed to last for years.
Maybe, maybe not. Fact remains that the liquid-cooling in the G5 Quad is very complex beast. And more complex things get, the more likely they are to break.
There are minimal to no reports of problems with the Quad G5 cooling system. I've run 3 of these for nearly 9 months with no problems.
A whole 9 months? Those systems are supposed to last for years.
sisyphus
Jul 14, 02:34 PM
That's nice...
They'd better have something in between this and the iMac...
They'd better have something in between this and the iMac...
zacman
Apr 19, 03:18 PM
HA I knew you were going to say that. developer prefer to develop for iOS. iOS user spend more money on Apps than Android user. Plus iPod Touch user can use the same apps as the iPhone. There won't be a Windows for the smartphones theres already too many players in the game.
Well Rovio (Angry Birds) thinks otherwise:
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/03/13/angry-birds-android-ios/
"The company said in December that it expected to make $1 million per month from Android by the end of 2010. (...) Now that the app has seen about 100 million installs across all platforms, Rovio is not getting the same initial bump in paid download revenue from Apple�s app store. On Android, the company doesn�t offer paid Angry Birds apps, but sees recurring revenue from advertising."
So they make more money with their free Android version than they do with the paid iOS version.
Well Rovio (Angry Birds) thinks otherwise:
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/03/13/angry-birds-android-ios/
"The company said in December that it expected to make $1 million per month from Android by the end of 2010. (...) Now that the app has seen about 100 million installs across all platforms, Rovio is not getting the same initial bump in paid download revenue from Apple�s app store. On Android, the company doesn�t offer paid Angry Birds apps, but sees recurring revenue from advertising."
So they make more money with their free Android version than they do with the paid iOS version.
WildCowboy
Aug 16, 11:32 PM
Bravo.
I don't know what ROFL stands for, but from context-clues, I'm thinking it means pretty damn funny. In which case, ROFL, dude.
Rolling On Floor Laughing
I don't know what ROFL stands for, but from context-clues, I'm thinking it means pretty damn funny. In which case, ROFL, dude.
Rolling On Floor Laughing
ChazUK
Mar 31, 03:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; Blade Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)
I'm not impressed by this at all. The very fact that the Gingerbread source is available has given my Orange UK branded ZTE Blade Gingerbread before other phones had official builds.
I know that some here despise all that may compete with Apple but the Android community and developers who put work into projects like Cyanogenmod are an awesome bunch. It would be sad to see the community go by the wayside because of any change in the distribution of Android.
I'm not impressed by this at all. The very fact that the Gingerbread source is available has given my Orange UK branded ZTE Blade Gingerbread before other phones had official builds.
I know that some here despise all that may compete with Apple but the Android community and developers who put work into projects like Cyanogenmod are an awesome bunch. It would be sad to see the community go by the wayside because of any change in the distribution of Android.
scaredpoet
Apr 7, 11:05 PM
The difference to the customer is zero. Unavailable for purchase either way.
Wrong. Every iPad 2 that was being held back by best Buy could've been sold to someone who ordered at Apple's site online, or at an Apple Store... or perhaps some other retailer who knows better than to artificially restrict supply when there's already a supply issue in evidence.
If this report has any truth to it, Apple should be ashamed to nick-pick over semantics.
If this report has any truth to it, Apple should be applauded for taking action against a retailer that was hoarding stock.
I was considering buying an iPad2 from Best Buy. Glad I didn't. And know i'm reminded not to consider them again in the future.
Every day Apple stores get shipments of iPads....but they don't sell them when the arrive. They hold them for the line that forms the next morning.
Seems odd to me. Like they are purposely making a spectacle in front of the store every morning.
Actually, the point (which was made clear when they started doing this, but you apparently missed) was to avoid a day-long spectacle of people standing in line in front of the store all day in the hopes that a shipment would come in mid day... meanwhile preventing other people from buying other things at the store, and causing disruptions throughout the day in shopping malls for other vendors. If you had seen the 2+ months of lines in front of Apple Stores when the iPhone 4 came out, you'd probably understand better.
Selling the stock (and selling out of it) in the morning and making that clear to people is different from saying "we don't have any" when in fact you do and just would rather not sell them.
Wrong. Every iPad 2 that was being held back by best Buy could've been sold to someone who ordered at Apple's site online, or at an Apple Store... or perhaps some other retailer who knows better than to artificially restrict supply when there's already a supply issue in evidence.
If this report has any truth to it, Apple should be ashamed to nick-pick over semantics.
If this report has any truth to it, Apple should be applauded for taking action against a retailer that was hoarding stock.
I was considering buying an iPad2 from Best Buy. Glad I didn't. And know i'm reminded not to consider them again in the future.
Every day Apple stores get shipments of iPads....but they don't sell them when the arrive. They hold them for the line that forms the next morning.
Seems odd to me. Like they are purposely making a spectacle in front of the store every morning.
Actually, the point (which was made clear when they started doing this, but you apparently missed) was to avoid a day-long spectacle of people standing in line in front of the store all day in the hopes that a shipment would come in mid day... meanwhile preventing other people from buying other things at the store, and causing disruptions throughout the day in shopping malls for other vendors. If you had seen the 2+ months of lines in front of Apple Stores when the iPhone 4 came out, you'd probably understand better.
Selling the stock (and selling out of it) in the morning and making that clear to people is different from saying "we don't have any" when in fact you do and just would rather not sell them.
generik
Sep 19, 05:04 AM
I wish this board would block automatically "************" and replace it with "************" so this tired so-called-joke would end someday.
Huh? :confused:
Huh? :confused:
maclaptop
Apr 12, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't worry. I have an insider source who assures me Apple is basing its entire iPhone 5 product launch on when your contract ends. Here's a direct quote from Steve Jobs:
"While the antenna issues forced us to accelerate our product cycle in favor of a redesign a year earlier than expected, and while the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan has added several of its own complications, rest assured that Apple will take every conceivable measure to ensure that the iPhone 5 ships at a time close to the end of mlmathews' 3Gs contract. We have been quite fortunate with the success of out iOS devices in recent years, but we're not about to start pushing our luck here."
You're right.
I have confirmation that the upcoming iPhone release date is Tuesday January 17, 2012.
"While the antenna issues forced us to accelerate our product cycle in favor of a redesign a year earlier than expected, and while the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan has added several of its own complications, rest assured that Apple will take every conceivable measure to ensure that the iPhone 5 ships at a time close to the end of mlmathews' 3Gs contract. We have been quite fortunate with the success of out iOS devices in recent years, but we're not about to start pushing our luck here."
You're right.
I have confirmation that the upcoming iPhone release date is Tuesday January 17, 2012.
ThinkingMac
Sep 19, 10:01 AM
umm, how about more than a simple basic update.
We need:
Firewire 800
Superdrive DL w/ OPTION FOR BLU-RAY!!!
Nvidia 7800 or 7900 option!! we need option for best vid card!! upgrade to 512 mb vram
and..... Magsafe Airplane/Auto POWER ADAPTER!!
I agree and dont forget express card 54 so we can get our CF card readers
We need:
Firewire 800
Superdrive DL w/ OPTION FOR BLU-RAY!!!
Nvidia 7800 or 7900 option!! we need option for best vid card!! upgrade to 512 mb vram
and..... Magsafe Airplane/Auto POWER ADAPTER!!
I agree and dont forget express card 54 so we can get our CF card readers
Digital Skunk
Apr 12, 03:54 PM
Here's what I am hearing:
http://applecritictv.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-final-cut-pro.html
The truly sad part about this is going to be when Apple doesn't deliver on our rumored promises.
I REALLY HOPE that Apple does what that article says, and does it WELL, with no bugs or issues that render the entire system useless, within a price point that's reasonable ($1500 --> $2500 for what's described).
Otherwise, it's going to make whatever update we do get for FCP moot.
http://applecritictv.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-final-cut-pro.html
The truly sad part about this is going to be when Apple doesn't deliver on our rumored promises.
I REALLY HOPE that Apple does what that article says, and does it WELL, with no bugs or issues that render the entire system useless, within a price point that's reasonable ($1500 --> $2500 for what's described).
Otherwise, it's going to make whatever update we do get for FCP moot.
No comments:
Post a Comment