Wednesday, May 11, 2011

japanese maple tree garden

japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • dr Dunkel
    Apr 25, 04:43 PM
    Very expected. Like I said, this was going to hit the fan...

    Now, we the customers are the only winners here, as Apple may be forced to reveal everything regarding its alleged monitoring of phones.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • Hellhammer
    Dec 3, 03:06 PM
    Do you get a prize car for finishing a series in Aspec races with all gold? Like I just need to finish one more race, but I can't find a used car to get into it. It's the first series of races, beginner I am assuming.

    Some of them do but not sure do all of them. I've got several nice rides from those series but they are mainly from higher level series.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • damnyooneek
    Apr 25, 03:50 PM
    the question is if the tracking info is sent to anyone or is it just a log of places that is in a file on your own phone.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • Popeye206
    Mar 31, 03:33 PM
    Good. I hope they take one of the last strengths of the iPad ecosystem away from it.

    Ya got to love this guy.... Mr Gloom and doom!

    Glad to see the hot selling iPad 2 only has "one" advantage against the non-selling Android tablets. :rolleyes:





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • hobi316
    Jun 14, 11:29 AM
    Nope, he looked it up on his computer and
    told me preorders start Thursday for Radio Shack.

    However, I would love to be proved wrong on that.

    I mean, RadioShack isn't at the forefront of techie retail or anything, but that guy can't be that idiotic, can he? The rest of the country is accepting pre-orders for this thing tomorrow, including the Radioshack store I've been in contact with. He's got to be mistaken, man. I would call back and question him on that.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • mBox
    Apr 6, 08:17 AM
    Problem is, its still Final Cut and will still suck at managing media.I work in all three worlds with NLE (Avid, Apple & Adobe). If your know what your doing, then Media Management should be as easy as pie. Now do you have something specific that irks you about FCP? For starters I instruct at a local college in the evenings. I first burn it in my students heads that they need to use an separate drive for this app.
    Im just throwing in the obvious of course ;)





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • simontarr
    Sep 15, 07:46 AM
    I think all this quad and oct core stuff is fantastic (it would be even more fantastic if I have the money to get such gear...)

    But at the moment it's the HDD that slows everything down. Your RAM may be able to send 4GB/s of data to the processor to deal with, but the HD can't write the said executed data at even a 10th of the speed.

    I remember reading a BBC news article the other month about mRAM (or magnetic RAM) which has the same write speeds as RAM, but without its volatility. It doesn't loose it's data when the power is off. Ideal for fast HDDs they say.

    On an unrelated note, wouldnt it been cool to effectivly install a whole OS on RAM. That would be noticably quicker....





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • ~Shard~
    Jul 14, 02:45 PM
    Also, think about what apple would be doing with such a machine - selling you a low cost, low margin mac that you could nonetheless upgrade with 3rd party components for years. Meaning that apple doesn't make a lot off you up front and doesn't get you coming back again for 5-ish years. Great for you, not so great for them. Whereas if they sell you a mac pro, they make a killing up front, so it's ok if you keep it for years, and if they sell you anything else you'll be back a lot sooner.

    Yep - and that's the reality of it. It isn't just about the consumer, it's about profit margins, product life cycles, sales, etc. Apple wants to please their customers of course, however at the end of the day, business is business. :cool:





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • ctachme
    Jul 27, 10:50 AM
    MBPs the end of august? I START school in the end of august.


    ughghghghghghg

    Me too. I'm just going to hang onto my aging iBook G4 until they come out. I really would kick myself if I bought a MacBook Pro now so close to them being updated. I'm just hoping I can order soon, and then they will arrive at the end of August... just in time for school. *crosses fingers*





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • fithian
    Apr 8, 07:55 AM
    Just for entertainment, go to a Worst Buy and sidle up to a sales guy giving his pitch to an unsuspecting victim. I only ever go there to see a model in person before ordering online or elsewhere. I do purchase items at local stores who respect the customer and don't tell blatant lies about the products.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • mcoyne
    Apr 27, 08:40 AM
    Poo. I'd rather have the option to keep backing up that cache file to iTunes. I like the ability to see a map of where I've been using the iPhoneTracker app. :(

    Agreed! Stupid whiners. I hope they will add an option to let your iphone continue keeping a cache of all your locations.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • AndrewR23
    Apr 11, 11:23 AM
    I hope not. I want the 5 now :)





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • epitaphic
    Aug 18, 09:06 PM
    Do you think a Conroe iMac will beat a Mac Pro due to lower memory latency alone? Do you have real experience or data regarding how horrendous a problem this is? Extra dual-core processor aside, the Mac Pro has a higher speed FSB, higher memory bus bandwidth, higher RAM capacity, and ability to set up internal RAID amongst other advantages over a Conroe iMac.
    Obviously, inherently the iMac design is inferior to the Mac Pro/Powermac. But I think there's a bigger reason why Apple chose to go all quad with the Mac Pro: Apple chose all quad because a duo option would have had the same performance in professional apps (again, excluding handbrake and toast which are the only two examples touted about). A single processor Woodcrest or Conroe option will have the same obtainable CPU power for 90-95% of the professional market for another 6-12 months at the very least.

    Here's some data regarding the Mac Pro's FSB:
    the Mac Pro (...) actually takes longer to access main memory than the Core Duo processor in the MacBook Pro. This is much worse than it sounds once you take into account the fact that the MacBook Pro features a 667MHz FSB compared to the 1333MHz FSB (per chip) used in the Mac Pro.
    What can we take from this? Because of the use of FB-DIMMs, the Mac Pro's effective FSB is that of ~640MHz DDR2 system.

    And how does it fare in memory latency?
    It's not Apple's fault, but FB-DIMMs absolutely kill memory latency; even running in quad channel mode, the FB-DIMM equipped Mac Pro takes 45% more time to access memory than our DDR2 equipped test bed at the same memory frequency.
    As for bandwidth, although the Mac Pro has a load of theoretical bandwidth, the efficiency is an abysmal 20%. In real use a DDR2 system has 72% more usable bandwidth. (source here (http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2816&p=11))

    I don't know bout you, but if I were a heavy user of memory intensive apps such as Photoshop, I'd be worried. Worried in the sense that a Conroe would be noticeably faster.

    Memory issues aside, Woodcrests are faster than Conroes, 2.4% on average (source here (http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=6))





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • generik
    Sep 18, 11:09 PM
    All I have to say is:
    "what the hell is taking them so frigging long?"

    All new diamond dust coated titanium MBP chasis! Strong enough to ground PCs into dust...





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • Multimedia
    Jul 28, 06:00 PM
    I'll chime in and try to help alleviate your quandary. I would take it back. You've got a narrow window of opportunity to take it back, and we're just a few days away from an event that will likely harold the release of a new iMac. Even if you wanted to keep this model, if you take it back and then buy it after the release of the new one, you'll likely be able to get it at a fairly discounted price. So, that's what you have to weigh against having a computer to play with for the next couple of weeks...Point. You will be able to repurchase as refurbished - which you could have done already BTW - for the same as what you will get back. Refurbished is same as new with new warranty but lower price. Core 2 Duo iMac may be an entirely new design. It's not necessarily going to be just a tweak. I wouldn't risk keeping the one you bought.

    We're not saying it will be out after WWDC. We're saying it is DUE by September.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • Cameront9
    Aug 7, 05:46 PM
    WHat is he deal with no new displays, but they did drop the prices a little. I think the iPod is long overdue at this point for a makeover. I guess I'm just a victim of my own unfulfilled expectations.

    The displays WERE updated slightly...check the main page.

    As for iPods...why "makeover" what is working? And this was the DEVELOPERS conference. iPods, if they happen before Christmas, will be either at Paris or a special media event (the latter more likely, IMHO).





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • NY Guitarist
    Apr 5, 08:47 PM
    Everything else you said is all well and good, but why on earth would anyone need to download a 4K movie?

    4K is coming sooner than later. Youtube has 4K media, of course it looks bad because of the YT compression penalty.

    4K displays are coming too, both computer monitors and home theater.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • nitynate
    Nov 28, 06:29 PM
    No thanks.

    I pay for my music.





    japanese maple tree garden. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • lyngo
    Apr 7, 10:19 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Wow. This is pretty huge.





    richard.mac
    Mar 26, 11:34 PM
    anyone heard of a date (even some unconfirmed rumour) that Lion will see a dev/RC update?





    zin
    Mar 22, 12:52 PM
    A 5 gram drop in weight? And people said Apple's effort at reducing weight was bad. :rolleyes:





    babyj
    Nov 28, 07:57 PM
    This isn't a new story - at least one of the major labels was talking about wanting a payment for every iPod sold prior to the last round of contract deals.

    Their reasoning was nothing to do with the blank tape / copied music argument - they said that their music was driving sales of iPods so they deserved a cut of iPod profits from Apple.

    How they said it with a straight face I'll never know.

    This isn't about getting money to the artists that deserve it, this is all about increasing the profits of the major record labels. They don't give a damn about anything, certainly not their artists, they just care about their own profit.

    Though I think their biggest problem is that they have looked in to the future and have realised that it doesn't include them and they are worried. Who needs record labels with digital distribution? How long before a major artist signs a deal directly with a digital shop or distributor and cuts out the record label?





    appleguy123
    Feb 28, 07:39 PM
    They still can not have valid sacramental marriage

    Fornication doesn't matter if the person doesn't care about the religious connotations of marriage

    Greek culture also endorsed pederasty!

    You do realize that the Church did what doctors said to right? They followed the medical professional advice that after treatment they were harmless and could go back.

    Now priests can't even defend themselves, now it is guilty until proven innocent, also you don't get a trial to prove the innocence!
    Do you not think that the priests should be jailed for raping children?
    Crimes against children are usually seen badly in the public eye. The priests should not be an exception.





    generik
    Sep 19, 05:04 AM
    I wish this board would block automatically "************" and replace it with "************" so this tired so-called-joke would end someday.

    Huh? :confused:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment