Wednesday, May 11, 2011

jeff gordon wins at talladega

jeff gordon wins at talladega. 1 24 Jeff Gordon Drive to End
  • 1 24 Jeff Gordon Drive to End



  • laidbackliam
    Aug 7, 02:34 AM
    this is me going out an a limb here.

    but do you think the desktop lineup could become this?

    Mac mini (2 models)
    the Mac
    iMac
    Mac Pro

    "if" this happens, which i find unlikely based on pure speculation, the mac mini could keep yonah processors, the Mac could get conroe, the iMac could get conroe, and the Mac Pro could go balls to the wall with 3.0ghz woodcrests.

    the Mac would be the affordable tower that people have been wanting. yet another reason for people to switch. a unit that works, that has an upgrade path, but doesn't cost 1500+.

    again, i don't think this will happen at wwdc, but i do think it would be cool





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff-gordon-talladega-pole
  • jeff-gordon-talladega-pole



  • mazola
    Nov 29, 12:11 PM
    Why just the other day I was thinking to myself, 'There ought to be an easier way to get my money to UMG.'

    This sure beats taking out a fin, finding an envelope and stamp, digging out an address, and making the trek out to the mailbox.

    Let's face it, the Universal Music Group DESERVES our money. Sure I don't listen to Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, or the Doggy Style All Stars but who am I to say where my money should go?

    And why on earth should an independent society for artist rights like ASCAP, BMI, or SOCAN be responsible for distributing money collected from what amounts to an MP3 tax? They'll just divy up the money to artists and music publishers according to boring criteria like record sales/radio play, etc.

    I want my money going directly to the LABEL to do whatever they see fit with no public oversight! Maybe the artists don't need the money this month and the coke-head A&R guy needs it instead? Did you ever think of that?

    Thank God UMG is FINALLY standing up for its rights and Microsoft had the good sense to listen when it agreed to implement a UMG tax in the Zune!

    Apple, pay attention, or I'll just have to mail my money to UMG instead of buying an iPod!





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • AvSRoCkCO1067
    Sep 18, 11:33 PM
    I still think it's funny that everyone thinks these Macbook Pros are "long overdue" - when, exactly, did the FIRST Dell laptop with C2D ship? I thought it was supposed to be around tomorrow...but surely it couldn't have been before last Monday or so at the earliest.

    So that's, what? A week behind in the worst case scenario? Oh God...

    However - if they waited till November, then yeah, I'd agree that they were overdue...:)





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Talladega is always a great
  • Talladega is always a great



  • swingerofbirch
    Aug 7, 07:07 PM
    I have two questions.

    Do you think that one of the top secret features they didn't show was a unified interface? Because the UIs they showed looked just as hodge-podged as Tiger, ie iCal and Finder still brushed metal and Mail is still plastic. They talk about Microsoft copying Aqua, but I can't think of one app that is aqua anymore! What does Aqua look like?

    Second, did the developers get a beta of Leopard? If so, won't we be hearing about whatever top secret features they didn't show? Surely one of the 4200 is a snitch!





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Jeff Gordon, driver of the No.
  • Jeff Gordon, driver of the No.



  • adamfilip
    Aug 27, 08:53 AM
    You're screwing up, intel. We don't want 300 trillion transistors on a 1 nm die. We want longer battery life. Idiots.


    I think you are missing the point
    just cause a processor has 300 quadrillion transistors doesnt mean it will consume a huge amount of power.

    if they released a memron that ran at 200mhz but lasted 24 hrs. would you buy it.. eventho it would be painfully slow?

    its hard to balance Performance demands and power consumption





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • tekmoe
    Sep 19, 07:38 AM
    apple store isn't down yet. I don't expect it today like a lot of people do

    i agree. i think the store would have went down already. next monday has got to be it.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Jeff Gordon got 3rd although
  • Jeff Gordon got 3rd although



  • kdarling
    Apr 20, 11:08 AM
    Okay, Knight, you're right. Even the Verizon Galaxy S has more buttons and a patterned back, with a rectangular lens and flash area. Not to mention a WVGA AMOLED screen.

    But it does have a chrome trim ring and the back is curved for comfort!

    Yeah, Apple is reaching a bit here.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Talladega Superspeedway
  • Talladega Superspeedway



  • Morpheus_
    Jul 14, 04:54 PM
    Dear Steve,

    The iMac might be fine, but I don't need to pay for another monitor - I have a 20" and maybe I'll update that someday. I like expandability/flexibility in my displays, as well as my hard drives and hopefully my CPU.

    The Mac Mini is not powerful enough.

    The Mac Pro is too expensive, too top-end.

    So Steve, will there be a "Mac" (not Pro) line? (How about "Big Mac"? Oh, that's taken...)

    I basically want something that is good for gaming (in OS X and hence also in Windows, if necessary), but not ludicrously expensive. Something like I would have built myself in the years past - a good but not ridiculous CPU, a good but not ridiculous graphics card, and a nice amount of memory and storage -- then just throw it in a tower.

    Maybe there will be a lower-end "Mac Pro", but it just doesn't make sense following the "Pro" nomenclature.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Talladega In Car Audio - Jeff
  • Talladega In Car Audio - Jeff



  • Machead III
    Sep 19, 09:59 AM
    Along with the 5-7 business days for a MacBook, it says the refurbed white ones will ship out in 30 business days... Does this mean they don't have them in stock? Or does it mean that they are having severe problems that require 30 days to fix and then ship out? I hope it means that because they will be introducing new MB and MBP, they want to hold the refurbed's so that people won't get mad cuz they are going to cut the prices on the current stock of MB to make room for the new MB Core 2 Duos. I'm hoping for a MacBook. My 2.5 year old 12" powerbook still works great, but I want to get an Intel mac, and I already have a Mac Mini, and a G5 iMac, so my Powerbook will have to go soon.

    30 days on refurbs might mean something actually...

    Any ideas?





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • AvSRoCkCO1067
    Aug 7, 09:42 PM
    I don't know, I thought Spaces and Time Machine looked very polished, personally. Spaces in particular is one of those things that I actually think will be genuinely useful (like Expose before it), and I like that it seems to be an even more useful implementation of the virtual desktops concept than what I've seen in Linux.

    I hope that Spaces will integrate nicely with the Mighty Mouse...somehow...





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. and Jeff Gordon,
  • and Jeff Gordon,



  • Chundles
    Jul 20, 08:58 AM
    Is having more cores more energy efficient than having one big fat ass 24Ghz processor? Maybe thats a factor in the increasing core count.

    I think you're a bit confused, 8x 3GHz cores doesn't equal 1x 24GHz processor.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • Nuck81
    Dec 8, 11:41 PM
    I'm making the plunge and buying a real wheel.

    Probably the DFGT





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • SWC
    Aug 7, 08:01 PM
    great . . . i just get a new macbook with tiger now i'm gonna have to get leopard . . . how much will this put me back?

    $129 is history proves true





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • wpotere
    Apr 27, 01:49 PM
    Oh you're right, that is completely applicable and single-handedly discredits the foundation of the American government. Instead of government, let's all gather around and talk about our feelings.

    Sarcasm ^

    Nah, instead we can all stand around and look at a birth certificate! :rolleyes:





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • ergle2
    Sep 19, 12:56 PM
    thx for your reply,

    i will go for the mac pro quad know (i'm updating my home computer wich is a G3, but i'm used to work on a dual G5 for my projects) and yeah i will allways be able then to update later, but how about ram, when DDR3 comes out, i read that its going to replace FB-DIMMs so will that be upgradeble too???
    cause these FB-DIMMS are so ********** expensive :) thx

    DDR and FB aren't mutually exclusive technologies. Current FB-DIMMs use DDR2 chips. Newer FB-DIMMs will use DDR3 chips but due to the way FB-DIMMs work -- the buffer and control hardware essentially sit between the memory and the MCH -- you should still be able to use them in a Mac Pro. Note, should, not will.

    You won't be able to use regular DDR3 DIMMs just like you can't use regular DDR2 DIMMs tho'. That's something that'd require a major design change to the motherboard.

    So, memory will still be damn' expensive compared to that found in the cheap desktops...





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. jeff gordon wins at talladega.
  • jeff gordon wins at talladega.



  • NoSmokingBandit
    Dec 6, 02:50 PM
    I'm letting my B-Spec driver earn me some cash. He is so slow..... He is only Lvl3 right now, but i'm really impatient!

    I got the Lotus Top Gear race done today. Took me a whole hour. About 40 minutes in i got pissed and turned ABS all the way up and ASM on. It helped so much, but the AI made it difficult to finsh. They'd ram into me and i'd get a dsq. Pissed me off.
    If anyone is having trouble, try turning off TCS completely, ABS all the way up, ASM on, and the front brake bias to 10. It makes up for the awful tires they put on it.

    I accepted littleman and psychofetus as friends, so if either of you want to trade cars let me know what you are looking for.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Talladega In Car Audio - Jeff
  • Talladega In Car Audio - Jeff



  • Satori
    Apr 6, 03:57 PM
    It'll take a while for any of the Android tabs to get a market foothold because Apple has all of the mindshare with the iPad right now... and every time a competitor releases a tab they give Apple more publicity by declaring that they have the iPad killer!

    For the average consumer, iPad is the category so it'll take a while for the competitors to register.

    Maybe, this will play out they same way as the iPhone, where android devices slowly took a foothold and then overtook iOS in market share. However, the ascendancy of android with the average consumer was at least partly because carriers who couldn't sell the iphone from the start had to push something else. This isn't the case with the iPad because they are unlocked and any carrier can sell them with a sim or wifi modem. So it might equally be like the iPod, where many worthy competitors were released but none captured a significant market share.

    I guess that time will tell.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. NSCS: Jeff Gordon And Hendrick
  • NSCS: Jeff Gordon And Hendrick



  • littleman23408
    Dec 6, 10:25 PM
    IC-10 license test is killing me. I can only manage 2nd. I can get into 3rd pretty quick (at the hairpin before the long straight) and then I can't get 2nd until the same turn, and then there is just not enough race left to get past 1st. I can get kind of close to him, but nowhere near close enough to cut him off at the last turn.





    jeff gordon wins at talladega. Driver Jeff Gordon waves to
  • Driver Jeff Gordon waves to



  • RebootD
    Apr 10, 11:39 AM
    Considering the number of shocking disappointments (Lion being more iOS, no FCS updates, glossy everything etc) as of late with Apple releases I'm still not holding my breath that they will release something to take me away from CS5. I would love to be surprised though.





    Multimedia
    Aug 18, 08:29 PM
    I purchased Kingston PC2 5300 FB for my Mac Pro from New Egg. They seemed to have the best price and some Mac friendly reviews.

    My Pro now starts 10.4.7 in less than 5 seconds!Great Caesar's Ghost! :eek: From OFF? :eek: With total 3GB RAM? You have a QT Movie you can post of that? :eek:





    Glideslope
    Apr 19, 07:19 PM
    Apple better not win this case and anyone who thinks that they should are a fool.

    Well, count me in. After reading the complaint, it's rock solid. :apple:





    IscariotJ
    Mar 26, 09:21 AM
    OS X is still based on UNIX, dating back to '69.

    Part of what makes OSX great......





    k995
    Apr 20, 02:03 PM
    Who says? Some people refer to the Samsung F700, but that was shown for the first time a month after the iPhone, and released about five months after the iPhone. (Faked images by Android fanboys won't count in court).

    LG prada was shown before iphone was shown. And it shares lenty of things with the iphone that was released later.





    DeeEss
    Apr 27, 08:38 AM
    NWO run for the hills!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment