
TheKrillr
Aug 28, 04:22 PM
Only if you buy the machine but don't open the box (unless you're willing to pay a 10% restocking fee). And that's only if you get the standard config, no custom BTO. Plus if you order it, you'll pay shipping back to them.
Hmmm.... looks like if I want to, I'll have to ebay it. :-p Thanks for the info though.
Hmmm.... looks like if I want to, I'll have to ebay it. :-p Thanks for the info though.
cere
Apr 14, 01:06 PM
Uh... who cares? You missed my point.
The "world" isn't going to support ThunderPants as Intel now embraces USB3. You're left with basically only Apple to beat the TB drum.
Hence, TB dies or at best fades away slowly. It will never sweep the land aka "firewire" style.
Wait, you mean you didn't literally mean the ThunderBolt would be exclusively Macs only forever and ever and ever?
Dammit man, not everyone on these boards understands subtlety and context. If you are going to say something, don't be subtle. Spell it out so everyone can understand you. Otherwise we end up with some short-bus kids thinking everyone is picking a fight with them and posting worthless links with irrelevant info.
The "world" isn't going to support ThunderPants as Intel now embraces USB3. You're left with basically only Apple to beat the TB drum.
Hence, TB dies or at best fades away slowly. It will never sweep the land aka "firewire" style.
Wait, you mean you didn't literally mean the ThunderBolt would be exclusively Macs only forever and ever and ever?
Dammit man, not everyone on these boards understands subtlety and context. If you are going to say something, don't be subtle. Spell it out so everyone can understand you. Otherwise we end up with some short-bus kids thinking everyone is picking a fight with them and posting worthless links with irrelevant info.

dejo
Nov 13, 03:54 PM
Exactly. Losing the maker of the Facebook app and Rouge Amoeba in one day is really bad.
But it's been more than one day. Joe Hewitt resigned Wednesday (http://twitter.com/joehewitt/status/5631765190).
But it's been more than one day. Joe Hewitt resigned Wednesday (http://twitter.com/joehewitt/status/5631765190).
mytdave
Apr 20, 11:19 AM
'course you all know this is a feature, right? There are lots of social or other apps you can get to give you cute info about where you've been, maybe an exercise routine, or location based data for pictures, etc. The info has to be recorded in a file somewhere!
If you're paranoid, just delete the file from your computer backups and/or encrypt your iPhone. Tah dah!
If you're paranoid, just delete the file from your computer backups and/or encrypt your iPhone. Tah dah!
iMacZealot
Sep 17, 08:29 PM
(oops, double clicked submit)
BRLawyer
Sep 5, 01:11 PM
It will be either one of two things:
1 - ONLY the iTMS Movie Store and perhaps updated Nanos;
2 - The BIG ONE, the EARTHQUAKE we've been all waiting for...
2a - iTMS Movie Store;
2b - updated Nanos and iPods;
2c - 23" iMac Special DVR Edition with Merom;
2d - Wireless music sharing device for the Nanos as shown by the FCC filing;
see https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=661453&native_or_pdf=pdf
2e - Updated MBs and MBPs.
Oh boy...better burn my credit card... ;)
1 - ONLY the iTMS Movie Store and perhaps updated Nanos;
2 - The BIG ONE, the EARTHQUAKE we've been all waiting for...
2a - iTMS Movie Store;
2b - updated Nanos and iPods;
2c - 23" iMac Special DVR Edition with Merom;
2d - Wireless music sharing device for the Nanos as shown by the FCC filing;
see https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=661453&native_or_pdf=pdf
2e - Updated MBs and MBPs.
Oh boy...better burn my credit card... ;)
SilianRail
Apr 14, 03:07 PM
in all seriousness people, this thing http://snowulf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/USB-3-Mini-B-Connector.jpg is going to scare people off...Hideous
elgrecomac
Mar 30, 11:25 AM
He will need to be a 'cunning linguist' to assist Microsoft.
:cool:
:cool:
Multimedia
Sep 11, 12:20 PM
Ah, but note Fig 3, especially item labelled 38.
I can tell you right now that today's cube does not have any type of fan.
Multitasking right now, and my Cube is COMPLETELY inaudiable. No fan.
If the patent includes a fan, as this one clearly does, it could well be new.While our Cubes have no fans, they do have a fan mounting location on the inside of the bottom of the system. Apple originally planned on installing a fan there but figured out how they didn't have to. Cube upgraders to dual G4 processors put a fan there. I know this because I was planning on doing a dual G4 processor upgrade to one - own two. In fact, I bought the second one specifically for that purpose. But which model to upgrade with I never made up my mind. Here's the Barefeats page on the subject (http://www.barefeats.com/cubeup.html).
But then I made the leap to the D 2 G5 and never looked back.
I can tell you right now that today's cube does not have any type of fan.
Multitasking right now, and my Cube is COMPLETELY inaudiable. No fan.
If the patent includes a fan, as this one clearly does, it could well be new.While our Cubes have no fans, they do have a fan mounting location on the inside of the bottom of the system. Apple originally planned on installing a fan there but figured out how they didn't have to. Cube upgraders to dual G4 processors put a fan there. I know this because I was planning on doing a dual G4 processor upgrade to one - own two. In fact, I bought the second one specifically for that purpose. But which model to upgrade with I never made up my mind. Here's the Barefeats page on the subject (http://www.barefeats.com/cubeup.html).
But then I made the leap to the D 2 G5 and never looked back.
Bengt77
Sep 5, 10:44 AM
Read on and be wowed:
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
Darn! That article indeed wowed me. Not only what it says, but also (and that is a Good Thing�) the way it says it. The writing style really sucks you in the article. Of course, the products it 'promises' do help to raise the interest meter.
But, all in all, really good article. :)
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
Darn! That article indeed wowed me. Not only what it says, but also (and that is a Good Thing�) the way it says it. The writing style really sucks you in the article. Of course, the products it 'promises' do help to raise the interest meter.
But, all in all, really good article. :)
Cougarcat
Apr 30, 01:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Curious that everyone is clamoring for a thunderbolt-enabled machine, but there isn't a single thunderbolt drive available on the market.
I guess some people just need to feel like they have new stuff even if it's totally pointless.
Thunderbolt drives will be out this summer.
Curious that everyone is clamoring for a thunderbolt-enabled machine, but there isn't a single thunderbolt drive available on the market.
I guess some people just need to feel like they have new stuff even if it's totally pointless.
Thunderbolt drives will be out this summer.
KnightWRX
Mar 30, 01:32 PM
As posted above, "RoomStore" is trademarked, however.
As posted above, "RoomStore" doesn't sell rooms.
As posted above, "RoomStore" doesn't sell rooms.
Evangelion
Sep 9, 10:34 AM
As previously confirmed, the iMac is the most powerful AIO desktop...the title you just mentioned belongs to the MacPro...sorry for the misunderstanding...:rolleyes:
You again with your ludicrous claims? What makes you think that Mac Pro is the fastest desktop there is? What is the secret ingredient that makes it faster than other machines, considering that it uses same components than others do? And since Mac Pro supports less RAM (16GB vs. 64GB) than Dell does (for example), how could you say that it's "the most powerful"? Compared to Dell, it will be dog-slow for tasks that require a lot of RAM.
How is Winblows going on your side, Aiden? Many BSODs today?
Now, I hate Windows and I use it at work because I have no choice. An there are plenty of bad things in it. But I don't get any BSODs. I really don't. Back when I used a desktop, I sometimes left the machine running for weeks and I had no problems.
When was the last time you used Windows? Back in Windows ME-days?
Seriously: I think you should take a chill-pill an dial-back that fanboyishness of yours.
You again with your ludicrous claims? What makes you think that Mac Pro is the fastest desktop there is? What is the secret ingredient that makes it faster than other machines, considering that it uses same components than others do? And since Mac Pro supports less RAM (16GB vs. 64GB) than Dell does (for example), how could you say that it's "the most powerful"? Compared to Dell, it will be dog-slow for tasks that require a lot of RAM.
How is Winblows going on your side, Aiden? Many BSODs today?
Now, I hate Windows and I use it at work because I have no choice. An there are plenty of bad things in it. But I don't get any BSODs. I really don't. Back when I used a desktop, I sometimes left the machine running for weeks and I had no problems.
When was the last time you used Windows? Back in Windows ME-days?
Seriously: I think you should take a chill-pill an dial-back that fanboyishness of yours.
shecky
Sep 14, 10:20 AM
I already did that (explain myself) and you said I was ignorant for doing so - didn't leave me many options, really. :)
mmmmmmmmmmm i just went thru the whole thread and you most certainly have not explained any of your statements, other than saying aperture needed new towers to run properly.
and i want to be clear that i am not neccesarily disagreeing with you, i just want to know why you seem so decisive in your statements with no explantion to them. if you are so sure, i want to know why so i can either agree with you and stop waiting for this ^%$$%#$@#!ing MBP that never seems to get here, or i can disagree and wait until the 24th.
if you are not willing to explain yourself then you are just trolling
mmmmmmmmmmm i just went thru the whole thread and you most certainly have not explained any of your statements, other than saying aperture needed new towers to run properly.
and i want to be clear that i am not neccesarily disagreeing with you, i just want to know why you seem so decisive in your statements with no explantion to them. if you are so sure, i want to know why so i can either agree with you and stop waiting for this ^%$$%#$@#!ing MBP that never seems to get here, or i can disagree and wait until the 24th.
if you are not willing to explain yourself then you are just trolling
vand0576
Sep 5, 11:32 AM
No one else has yet mentioned that the Airport Extreme is currently reflecting a 1-3 week shipping period (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/1.RSLID?mco=B842E400&nplm=M8799LL%2FA), while the Airport Express (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/1.RSLID?mco=7D88DA55&nplm=M9470LL%2FA) still says it will ship within 24 hours on the Apple Store Online. It would seem that it is the Extreme and not the Express to be getting the update.
felgatec
Mar 29, 11:59 AM
I disagree, Windows Phone 7 is pretty impressive, now I probably wouldn't get it over a iPhone, but Windows Phone 7 would probably be my next choice, I'm not so much of a fan of Android phones.. And anyway you have to admit that Microsoft's approach is very different, which is what I like.. The Live tiles idea is really good..
have you ever used a windows phone? everyone i know who had one couldnt wait to get rid of it and get a real phone.... the windows operating system sucks, what makes you think their mobile operating system will be any different?
have you ever used a windows phone? everyone i know who had one couldnt wait to get rid of it and get a real phone.... the windows operating system sucks, what makes you think their mobile operating system will be any different?
~Shard~
Sep 13, 09:48 PM
Well, I got a kick out of it too, which made me comment, and which makes me a member of dorkland :)
It's all good. ;) :)
So does anyone think Apple would go retro and offer a "digital rotary dial" option using the clickwheel for dialing digits? I think it would be kind of cool, but then again, I love the old rotary phones. :D
After further thought, I suppose it might be a novelty that wears off fast... :o ;)
It's all good. ;) :)
So does anyone think Apple would go retro and offer a "digital rotary dial" option using the clickwheel for dialing digits? I think it would be kind of cool, but then again, I love the old rotary phones. :D
After further thought, I suppose it might be a novelty that wears off fast... :o ;)
whatever
Sep 11, 10:51 PM
The margins on a mid-mac should be better than the iMac since it's using standard (and therefore cheap) desktop components. So any mid-mac sales in preference to the iMac would probably make Apple more money anyway.
I want Apple to release a stupid "mid-mac" just to shut you and everyone else up.
Professionals buy Mac Pros or laptops. Consumers buy iMacs or laptops. That's a sound and successful strategy for Apple. And if you need a cheap Mac, you can buy a mini.
Just because Intel releases a chip, does not mean Apple is going to use it. If that was the case then Intel should re-release the 486, so that Apple can put them in the "mid-mac"!
I want Apple to release a stupid "mid-mac" just to shut you and everyone else up.
Professionals buy Mac Pros or laptops. Consumers buy iMacs or laptops. That's a sound and successful strategy for Apple. And if you need a cheap Mac, you can buy a mini.
Just because Intel releases a chip, does not mean Apple is going to use it. If that was the case then Intel should re-release the 486, so that Apple can put them in the "mid-mac"!
ehoui
Apr 28, 04:14 PM
Long on Apple, Microsoft and Google. These are the class leaders. Microsoft is entrenched and executes well in the enterprise space. Their consumer products are good, but not great. While they suffer from too much breadth and not enough deep focus, they have the will to invest for the long term and that is important. Google can be a game changer when they go after a space. Apple executes incredibly well in the consumer space. All good here.
retroactiv
Mar 29, 11:43 AM
What? I don't get it.
You cannot CUT and paste in SL, only COPY and paste using the built in OS shortcuts.
I hate having to open two folders just to drag a file to MOVE it, so I had to pay $4 in the MAC App Store to get that functionality...
You cannot CUT and paste in SL, only COPY and paste using the built in OS shortcuts.
I hate having to open two folders just to drag a file to MOVE it, so I had to pay $4 in the MAC App Store to get that functionality...
AppleScruff1
Apr 14, 06:30 PM
This is great news! One of the ReadyNAS I didn't buy a Sandy Bridge MBP is that I want USB3.
Maybe Apple still won't include it.
Well, it would surprise me. USB3.0 and Thunderbolt will come included in Intel''s Ivy Bridge. Apple would have to add more hardware and disable USB 3.0 to make it 2.0 only. Makes zero cents.
And that's exactly the reason they would do it. :D
There is no way Apple would deliberately block/not support USB3 on Mac's is there, to force Apple uses to have to buy Thunderbolt only peripherals and not be able to use cheaper USB3 items?
They would never do that would they?
They might, you never know. Stubornness knows no bounds.
The PC industry is plagued with lowest common denominator, low cost crap.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Did you know that an Apple computer is a pc?
Maybe Apple still won't include it.
Well, it would surprise me. USB3.0 and Thunderbolt will come included in Intel''s Ivy Bridge. Apple would have to add more hardware and disable USB 3.0 to make it 2.0 only. Makes zero cents.
And that's exactly the reason they would do it. :D
There is no way Apple would deliberately block/not support USB3 on Mac's is there, to force Apple uses to have to buy Thunderbolt only peripherals and not be able to use cheaper USB3 items?
They would never do that would they?
They might, you never know. Stubornness knows no bounds.
The PC industry is plagued with lowest common denominator, low cost crap.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Did you know that an Apple computer is a pc?
Warbrain
Apr 20, 10:22 AM
So does turning of Locations Services stop the data collection, or just stop applications from accessing it?
Does turning of Location services delete data already in the file?
I guess it works both ways, if accused of a crime you didn't commit, bring your phone to work and prove you were not their. And if you are going to commit a crime, leave your phone at home.
No one has stated if it does or doesn't. Until someone states what happens we can only go with the SLA.
Does turning of Location services delete data already in the file?
I guess it works both ways, if accused of a crime you didn't commit, bring your phone to work and prove you were not their. And if you are going to commit a crime, leave your phone at home.
No one has stated if it does or doesn't. Until someone states what happens we can only go with the SLA.
CapturedDarknes
Nov 13, 10:23 PM
You know what�s interesting is while browsing around with my iDisk app on the iPhone, I noticed the iDisk app displays Adobe�s Photoshop icon for PSD files. I wonder if Adobe gave Apple explicit permission to use their Photoshop file icon in the iDisk app?
Actually, Adobe DOES license their icons, formats, etc. for Apple and Microsoft to use in programs, operating systems, etc. So if Apple come out with an app, like the MobileMe iDisk, then I'm sure that they can use them. It's just hypocritical of Apple to not do the same for developers.
Actually, Adobe DOES license their icons, formats, etc. for Apple and Microsoft to use in programs, operating systems, etc. So if Apple come out with an app, like the MobileMe iDisk, then I'm sure that they can use them. It's just hypocritical of Apple to not do the same for developers.
age234
Sep 5, 04:15 PM
I really hope Apple comes out with a new app for this, because video in iTunes completely sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment