Eidorian
May 3, 10:25 AM
Still USB 2.0
Meh.Time for a break out box! :D
Which goes against the stark minimalism Apple was going for. Wait, what?
Meh.Time for a break out box! :D
Which goes against the stark minimalism Apple was going for. Wait, what?
J@ffa
Sep 9, 10:10 PM
Well, since the iMacs and Mac Minis are running Core 2 Duo now, what do you think of this;
�Sales review
�Chit-chat about iMacs with Core 2 Duo
�^ Leads into the announced ment of Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros (Maybe MacBook aswell)
� New iPod
One More Thing...
iTunes with Movies.
Seems reasonable and doable. It sounds perfect for like a 1 hour event.
Opinoins?
If it was a surprise, maybe. Since there'll be no-one there who isn't impatiently waiting for Apple to announce the video store, Jobs isn't going to create false suspense. Maybe he'll start with the pleasantries about how great Apple is, marketshare rah rah, then introduce the Movie store and provide the basic details... THEN unleash the real point, the device to plug stuff into your TV. They can work in the new MBPs/MBs as part of the whole glorious iLife spiel, or something.
�Sales review
�Chit-chat about iMacs with Core 2 Duo
�^ Leads into the announced ment of Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros (Maybe MacBook aswell)
� New iPod
One More Thing...
iTunes with Movies.
Seems reasonable and doable. It sounds perfect for like a 1 hour event.
Opinoins?
If it was a surprise, maybe. Since there'll be no-one there who isn't impatiently waiting for Apple to announce the video store, Jobs isn't going to create false suspense. Maybe he'll start with the pleasantries about how great Apple is, marketshare rah rah, then introduce the Movie store and provide the basic details... THEN unleash the real point, the device to plug stuff into your TV. They can work in the new MBPs/MBs as part of the whole glorious iLife spiel, or something.
iStudentUK
Apr 11, 07:39 AM
Why not to imperial?
Because metric is better.
Be happy I stopped short of asking for SI units! It's a pleasant 292K outside today. :D
Because metric is better.
Be happy I stopped short of asking for SI units! It's a pleasant 292K outside today. :D
Amazing Iceman
Mar 30, 11:48 AM
Microsoft is suing homebuilders for offering "Windows" in their homes. Instead, they need to refer to them as "transparent viewing portals".
"Portals"??? Did you say "Portals"? you can't say that! It could be trademarked too!
How about "Shoe Store"? is that a trademark too? If not, I should patent it and sue all of them.
Regarding the term "Windows", I have no idea how M$ got away with suing "Lindows". their claim was that phonetically there was a similarity that could confuse the public.
Repeat after me: "Lindows, Windows". Did you get confused? I don't think so.
Repeat after me: "AppStore, App Store". Did you get confused? What? Where? Sounds the same?
Based on their "Lindows" precedent, M$ has no ground to refute the lawsuit.
"Portals"??? Did you say "Portals"? you can't say that! It could be trademarked too!
How about "Shoe Store"? is that a trademark too? If not, I should patent it and sue all of them.
Regarding the term "Windows", I have no idea how M$ got away with suing "Lindows". their claim was that phonetically there was a similarity that could confuse the public.
Repeat after me: "Lindows, Windows". Did you get confused? I don't think so.
Repeat after me: "AppStore, App Store". Did you get confused? What? Where? Sounds the same?
Based on their "Lindows" precedent, M$ has no ground to refute the lawsuit.
Farthen
May 3, 12:23 PM
I'm chasing the 32GB RAM option (http://blog.saers.com/archives/2011/05/03/new-mid-2011-imacs-and-32gb-ram/) for the 27" iMac
Be careful! Those RAM modules from Amazon are full size DIMM modules. The iMac needs the smaller SO-DIMM modules though - they won't fit.
Be careful! Those RAM modules from Amazon are full size DIMM modules. The iMac needs the smaller SO-DIMM modules though - they won't fit.
NachoGrande
Mar 29, 12:38 PM
Microsoft should work on perfecting windows before starting a mobile OS
They already have. Have you used Windows 7? It's been flawless for me.
They already have. Have you used Windows 7? It's been flawless for me.

mduser63
Sep 4, 07:01 PM
I want an iTunes Movie Store, but to me it would be a lot better if you had the choice between a $9.99 download and a $2 or $3 rental that expired after a couple days. I honestly don't buy very many movies at all, because I rarely watch a movie twice. I do like to rent them though, and anything that made that more convenient would be great.
rtdunham
Oct 27, 10:56 AM
Have you ever been to a tech convention? It is *not* a free-for-all where people roam around handing out fliers anywhere on the convention floor. Vendors are expected to stick to their designated booth that they paid for. Conventions make money by charging for floorspace. What kind of leverage would they have to charge for premium or larger floorspace, if vendors could just get the smallest booth possible, but then flood the convention floor with people handing out brochures?
You understand the conference/expo world. In my past life i produced conferences for up to 2000 people and trade shows with the floorspace of a MacWorld Expo. Managing your customers (exhibitors) is not a precise science, but you're always trying to sustain some sense of fairness: A's music can't drown out conversations in B's deal-making suite; the smell of goats in C's exhibit (this is a REAL example, from an otherwise suit-and-tie professional show!) can't keep people from approaching the exhibitors in adjacent booth D; and business is supposed to be confined to the space rented for that purpose--if you're not an exhibitor, you can't walk the floor and snag customers from in front of paying exhibitors' booths, to make deals; if you are an exhibitor, you're supposed to do your biz in the space you're paying for, for the reasons Imalave presented.
In practice, there's a considerable fudge factor, but show management does the best it can, if it wants to preserve the appeal of the show for the majority of the exhibitors and attendees. I wasn't at the Mac show in question so can't speak to the specifics, but these are certainly the principles that apply. I HAVE attended all the MWSF Expos for the past decade and COMDEX until it expired, and i know that exhibitors do roam the floors at those shows, awarding prizes to shoppers wearing designated badges, passing out literature, etc., and I know it IS often hard to converse at booth E due to the cheering/chanting/amplified presentations at booth F. But it's all managed into a mix that seems to work very well for everyone.
You understand the conference/expo world. In my past life i produced conferences for up to 2000 people and trade shows with the floorspace of a MacWorld Expo. Managing your customers (exhibitors) is not a precise science, but you're always trying to sustain some sense of fairness: A's music can't drown out conversations in B's deal-making suite; the smell of goats in C's exhibit (this is a REAL example, from an otherwise suit-and-tie professional show!) can't keep people from approaching the exhibitors in adjacent booth D; and business is supposed to be confined to the space rented for that purpose--if you're not an exhibitor, you can't walk the floor and snag customers from in front of paying exhibitors' booths, to make deals; if you are an exhibitor, you're supposed to do your biz in the space you're paying for, for the reasons Imalave presented.
In practice, there's a considerable fudge factor, but show management does the best it can, if it wants to preserve the appeal of the show for the majority of the exhibitors and attendees. I wasn't at the Mac show in question so can't speak to the specifics, but these are certainly the principles that apply. I HAVE attended all the MWSF Expos for the past decade and COMDEX until it expired, and i know that exhibitors do roam the floors at those shows, awarding prizes to shoppers wearing designated badges, passing out literature, etc., and I know it IS often hard to converse at booth E due to the cheering/chanting/amplified presentations at booth F. But it's all managed into a mix that seems to work very well for everyone.
TheSailerMan
Oct 12, 08:45 PM
I was wondering when this was going to happen. I'm glad it finally has, though the news has been a bit abrupt, especially for an Apple product.
As much as I like U2's music and how much I'd love to donate money to cure/treat AIDS, I won't be buying one of these.
I like the blue nano too much to buy a red one just because $10 goes to charity, plus... I've been told that red "isn't my color." Seriously.
This morning I was wearing a solid red t-shirt, kind of like the red that the nano is, and my mom told me to change my shirt. There's nothing wrong with the shirt, there's no profane graphics on it (actually, no graphics at all) and it wasn't wrinkled, she just told me that red "isn't my color" (even though she's the one that bought me the shirt)!
Hmmm.... does anyone think this will get Greenpeace off Apple's back?:D
Eh... probably not.:rolleyes:
As much as I like U2's music and how much I'd love to donate money to cure/treat AIDS, I won't be buying one of these.
I like the blue nano too much to buy a red one just because $10 goes to charity, plus... I've been told that red "isn't my color." Seriously.
This morning I was wearing a solid red t-shirt, kind of like the red that the nano is, and my mom told me to change my shirt. There's nothing wrong with the shirt, there's no profane graphics on it (actually, no graphics at all) and it wasn't wrinkled, she just told me that red "isn't my color" (even though she's the one that bought me the shirt)!
Hmmm.... does anyone think this will get Greenpeace off Apple's back?:D
Eh... probably not.:rolleyes:
freeny
Aug 28, 12:46 PM
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
Mac'nCheese
Apr 17, 04:57 PM
ACSH is a right wing think tank, eco-imperialism needs not further explanation, winteryknight is the same.
There's no science in any of the articles to back up your claims, only opinion. Could you please provide links to the actual science?
I don't know if i can. Give me some time. But doesn't it make sense that if u stop using something that killed disease spreading insects that the insects will continue to spread the disease?
There's no science in any of the articles to back up your claims, only opinion. Could you please provide links to the actual science?
I don't know if i can. Give me some time. But doesn't it make sense that if u stop using something that killed disease spreading insects that the insects will continue to spread the disease?
Dr.Gargoyle
Sep 14, 09:32 AM
Aperture update - definite
MacBook Pro C2D - likely
iPod photo accessory - maybe
Cinema displays - not likely
iPhone - no way
Still a bit anemic isnt it?
MacBook Pro C2D - likely
iPod photo accessory - maybe
Cinema displays - not likely
iPhone - no way
Still a bit anemic isnt it?
~Shard~
Sep 10, 03:11 PM
Dare I dream? How about a quad processor quad core system! 16 cores in all!!!
That's nothing. Just wait for Dunnington or Harpertown. :cool:
That's nothing. Just wait for Dunnington or Harpertown. :cool:
rmhop81
Apr 22, 02:55 PM
Have you ever actually watched Netflix or Hulu on a iPhone or iPad over 3G? It totally sucks - not even close to what it looks like when stored locally, especially on the iPad.
Tony
my point is that they stream from a location and aren't stored locally....
they stream fine for me.
Tony
my point is that they stream from a location and aren't stored locally....
they stream fine for me.
mazola
Sep 5, 03:15 PM
Steve's debuting a new series of "I'm a Mac" TV ads
:P
:P
Multimedia
Sep 11, 12:20 PM
Ah, but note Fig 3, especially item labelled 38.
I can tell you right now that today's cube does not have any type of fan.
Multitasking right now, and my Cube is COMPLETELY inaudiable. No fan.
If the patent includes a fan, as this one clearly does, it could well be new.While our Cubes have no fans, they do have a fan mounting location on the inside of the bottom of the system. Apple originally planned on installing a fan there but figured out how they didn't have to. Cube upgraders to dual G4 processors put a fan there. I know this because I was planning on doing a dual G4 processor upgrade to one - own two. In fact, I bought the second one specifically for that purpose. But which model to upgrade with I never made up my mind. Here's the Barefeats page on the subject (http://www.barefeats.com/cubeup.html).
But then I made the leap to the D 2 G5 and never looked back.
I can tell you right now that today's cube does not have any type of fan.
Multitasking right now, and my Cube is COMPLETELY inaudiable. No fan.
If the patent includes a fan, as this one clearly does, it could well be new.While our Cubes have no fans, they do have a fan mounting location on the inside of the bottom of the system. Apple originally planned on installing a fan there but figured out how they didn't have to. Cube upgraders to dual G4 processors put a fan there. I know this because I was planning on doing a dual G4 processor upgrade to one - own two. In fact, I bought the second one specifically for that purpose. But which model to upgrade with I never made up my mind. Here's the Barefeats page on the subject (http://www.barefeats.com/cubeup.html).
But then I made the leap to the D 2 G5 and never looked back.
TheKrillr
Aug 28, 12:55 PM
It makes more sense for Apple to wait for tomorrow, anyway. This way, they can avoid being drowned out by the other manufacturer's announcements and simultaneously steel their fanfare. They'll probably do something like "New, with Merom, and more..." and add on another fancy feature or two to each thing to outdo the other laptop guys.
Though, I still think they're coming on the 18th of sept.
Though, I still think they're coming on the 18th of sept.
OptyCT
Mar 29, 12:23 PM
Exactly. Apple needs to implement both of those features. They are not dealbreakers, but the make the experience more complete.
I use Hyperdock to enable the "window snap"... great app. And another app to allow files to be copy-pasted... can't remember the name of it though... available in Mac App Store.
BetterTouchTool also has a snap function. I use it all the time.
I use Hyperdock to enable the "window snap"... great app. And another app to allow files to be copy-pasted... can't remember the name of it though... available in Mac App Store.
BetterTouchTool also has a snap function. I use it all the time.
Apple Shmapple
Sep 12, 04:59 PM
At these new lower price points that reads pretty UN-educated to me.
Whoopidedoo, a whole $50 off. They HAD to do that because of the lack of actually updating anything worthy on the device. One could argue that it isn't enough of a price cut the way competitors music players are priced.
Anyone with half a brain will avoid these 5th G Part 2 devices like the plague, unless they want to waste money that could be spent 4 months later on a widescreen model.
Should we set up the thread now for the people that rush out and buy this version of the iPod then get burned just after Christmas when the real new iPod comes out? They'll need someplace to vent, and it's usually all over these threads. It would be nice to condense it.
Whoopidedoo, a whole $50 off. They HAD to do that because of the lack of actually updating anything worthy on the device. One could argue that it isn't enough of a price cut the way competitors music players are priced.
Anyone with half a brain will avoid these 5th G Part 2 devices like the plague, unless they want to waste money that could be spent 4 months later on a widescreen model.
Should we set up the thread now for the people that rush out and buy this version of the iPod then get burned just after Christmas when the real new iPod comes out? They'll need someplace to vent, and it's usually all over these threads. It would be nice to condense it.
sinisterdesign
Aug 23, 10:52 PM
Creative found a way to make money. good for them.
bjdku
Sep 13, 09:08 PM
This is stated so matter of fact. There is no ? in the title. How certain is arn? He always uses ?
I am quoting myself! arn went ahead and added to question mark to the title.
QCassidy352, you can deposit your savings in my escrow account and we will see if this thing happens.
I am quoting myself! arn went ahead and added to question mark to the title.
QCassidy352, you can deposit your savings in my escrow account and we will see if this thing happens.
nefan65
Apr 25, 12:57 PM
Thinner, no optical...perhaps SSD only?
I'd prefer a smaller bezel the same color as the MBA. Say, 1/4" or a little smaller? Larger trackpad for more gestures?
I'd prefer a smaller bezel the same color as the MBA. Say, 1/4" or a little smaller? Larger trackpad for more gestures?
Multimedia
Sep 12, 04:44 PM
Encoded H.264 Baseline Profile 640x480 Fails 2 Load On Old 5G
Bummer
Bummer
pre10c
Apr 20, 10:09 AM
everyone is fine with sharing their personal info on facebook but a device that remembers where it has been?omg no!! anyway there aint a probleme as long as you dont lose your pc or iphone right?
No comments:
Post a Comment