
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 19, 09:05 AM
This doesn't look like an iPhone 3GS? :confused:
http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/a/samsung_galaxy_tab_white_back.jpg
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/iPhone-3GS.jpg
The Samsung has a flash too. Also, compared to the iPhone 4 the Samsung is ACTUALLY available in White.
http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/a/samsung_galaxy_tab_white_back.jpg
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/iPhone-3GS.jpg
The Samsung has a flash too. Also, compared to the iPhone 4 the Samsung is ACTUALLY available in White.
Sydde
Apr 11, 12:15 PM
Which is why the US
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/18/global-2000-10_The-Global-2000-United-States_10Rank.html
and Sweden
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/18/global-2000-10_The-Global-2000-Sweden_10Rank.html
What is this supposed to show? That US corporations are more profitable? Is that a good thing? For whom?
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/18/global-2000-10_The-Global-2000-United-States_10Rank.html
and Sweden
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/18/global-2000-10_The-Global-2000-Sweden_10Rank.html
What is this supposed to show? That US corporations are more profitable? Is that a good thing? For whom?
EspressoLove
Apr 23, 01:14 AM
Yes it is a deal breaker. I actually spend quite a bit of time in bed after lights out surfing and reading, keeping up with stuff (I am doing it at this moment) with the brightness at the lowest level +1 to not disturb my wife, and its definitely not enough to see the keyboard.
...
If it is absolutely deal breaker for you then you might look at Glowing fluorescent keyboard stickers (http://www.amazon.com/Glowing-fluorescent-English-keyboard-stickers/dp/B004CEN1VU) ...
I'd think it's not nearly as good as Apple's backlight (and you can't ramp it up, or turn it off :eek:)
For me it would be nice to have KB backlight, but not a big deal
...
If it is absolutely deal breaker for you then you might look at Glowing fluorescent keyboard stickers (http://www.amazon.com/Glowing-fluorescent-English-keyboard-stickers/dp/B004CEN1VU) ...
I'd think it's not nearly as good as Apple's backlight (and you can't ramp it up, or turn it off :eek:)
For me it would be nice to have KB backlight, but not a big deal
JobsRules
Oct 27, 09:37 AM
I was there yesterday, and all Greenpeace did was hand out leaflets at the entrance to people entering the Expo at the Olympia. Hardly the actions of a "militant eco-group". I honestly didn't see them do anything else out of the ordinary, especially compared to other stand-holders who also roamed freely around the exhibition giving out leaflets etc.
I saw them in the pub across the road in the afternoon, and they looked they were having a hasty meeting about what had transpired. One would assume that "chucking them out" is only going to have an adverse effect on the publicity Apple receives about its attitude to "green issues" (although in this instance it wasn't Apple themselves that had Greenpeace removed, instead it was the MacExpo organisers).
Its a real shame, as they weren't doing any real harm, I think they have probably been harshly treated in this instance!
Exactly. There was no violence, no rowdiness. This is how the current mindf*cks work. People hear that a group or activist with views counter to the needs of govenrment and big business and their heads immediately fills with images of extreme millitancy. As I said - they handed out leaflets. That's it.
It's the same when the intelligence services and police stage 'terror raids' on houses where the inhabitants have no connection to terror. People immediately think 'Ahh, they've got those terrorist scum...' When the suspects are released without charge no one asks how zero evidence can possibly lead to an armed raid.
I saw them in the pub across the road in the afternoon, and they looked they were having a hasty meeting about what had transpired. One would assume that "chucking them out" is only going to have an adverse effect on the publicity Apple receives about its attitude to "green issues" (although in this instance it wasn't Apple themselves that had Greenpeace removed, instead it was the MacExpo organisers).
Its a real shame, as they weren't doing any real harm, I think they have probably been harshly treated in this instance!
Exactly. There was no violence, no rowdiness. This is how the current mindf*cks work. People hear that a group or activist with views counter to the needs of govenrment and big business and their heads immediately fills with images of extreme millitancy. As I said - they handed out leaflets. That's it.
It's the same when the intelligence services and police stage 'terror raids' on houses where the inhabitants have no connection to terror. People immediately think 'Ahh, they've got those terrorist scum...' When the suspects are released without charge no one asks how zero evidence can possibly lead to an armed raid.
Optimus Frag
Apr 23, 12:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

world-map bullet download

Asiaown world asia, it also

mmw World+map+wallpaper

Jeans World Map Print by

Download, world android maps

Wallpaper: World Map Orange

world map wallpaper. desktop

WorldMap 25.01.2007

For World Clocks Wallpaper 1.5

world map europe

Jeans World Map (No labels)

WORLD MAP VECTOR FREE DOWNLOAD

thethe world map wallpaper

sep World+map+wallpaper
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?
cmcconkey
Sep 26, 08:56 AM
You got customer service from Verizon? Is this before or after they tacked on the taxes that aren't being collected anymore? Or crippled the Bluetooth on their phones? Or put a terrible GUI on their phones? Or any other number of things that they've done that are anti-consumer?
I admit they do indeed do these things... or have done these things in the past. But the situation that I spoke of was last week, also every time I have called them they have worked with everything and entered things just right so that if I wanted to change my plan it would not be prorated at all.
Christopher
I admit they do indeed do these things... or have done these things in the past. But the situation that I spoke of was last week, also every time I have called them they have worked with everything and entered things just right so that if I wanted to change my plan it would not be prorated at all.
Christopher
wolfie37
Apr 20, 10:52 AM
strange, I'm currently in Las Vegas according to this app, I've never been to LV in my life. It does however accurately give a tracking of my phone at home in the UK and my trip to East Coast of USA last year.
shigzeo
Apr 19, 08:56 AM
Yeah Apple has never done that.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
The post I was replying to said that Samsung created. They haven't created anything except groceries as far as I can tell. Apple, though they have bought a lot, have created far more than they have bought out.
That, and, well, they keep their name pretty straightforward abroad. For some reason, people in America and Europe think Samsung are some sort of tech company. They are a grocery company that branched into sugar, later into construction, and finally, into tech and cars.
They create jobs here in Korea, yes, but at the same time, they vacuum the market: most people make a pittance here and Samsung have stopped up the job market. If you don't work for them, you are doomed to be a second class citizen. At the same time, you put out products that break in the home country so that abroad they perform well. Samsung are leeches that bleed Korea just to gain international recognition. Everything in our house is Samsung and everything has broken.
It was bought for us and we had no choice. I'd rather anything else, but in Korea, there isn't much you can choose from. It is either Samsung or Hyundai, or lesser companies like LG.
Again, I don't like the idea of forced IP tech, but if it puts geriatric barbarians like Samsung down a bit, I'm happy with that. If Apple get hit in the process, that is too bad, but at this level, someone is bound to stumble.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
The post I was replying to said that Samsung created. They haven't created anything except groceries as far as I can tell. Apple, though they have bought a lot, have created far more than they have bought out.
That, and, well, they keep their name pretty straightforward abroad. For some reason, people in America and Europe think Samsung are some sort of tech company. They are a grocery company that branched into sugar, later into construction, and finally, into tech and cars.
They create jobs here in Korea, yes, but at the same time, they vacuum the market: most people make a pittance here and Samsung have stopped up the job market. If you don't work for them, you are doomed to be a second class citizen. At the same time, you put out products that break in the home country so that abroad they perform well. Samsung are leeches that bleed Korea just to gain international recognition. Everything in our house is Samsung and everything has broken.
It was bought for us and we had no choice. I'd rather anything else, but in Korea, there isn't much you can choose from. It is either Samsung or Hyundai, or lesser companies like LG.
Again, I don't like the idea of forced IP tech, but if it puts geriatric barbarians like Samsung down a bit, I'm happy with that. If Apple get hit in the process, that is too bad, but at this level, someone is bound to stumble.
3N16MA
Apr 25, 12:59 PM
Liquid metal? Carbon fiber? No SuperDrive option? Yes that is a lot of question marks.
andiwm2003
Jul 14, 01:41 PM
After looking at a chart of all the Core 2 Duo's, it seems like the most reasonable implementation would be to but the 2MB L2 cache Allendale cores into the iMacs (1.86ghz for the 17" and 2.16ghz for the 20") and the 4MB L2cache Conroe cores into the 3 Mac Pros (2.33ghz @ $1999, 2.66ghz @ $2499, and 2.93ghz @ $2999), with possibly and ultra-high end Dual 3.0ghz Woodcrest offering @ $3499 (I don't think economy of scale effects that likleyhood as Apple will already be purchasing them for their entire X-Serve line).
That's probably how I would roll it out if it were up to me.
while i agree with you general lineup i don't think the imac goes below 2ghz for marketing reasons.
i also think the prices for the 2.33 and 2.66 are simply too high. the performance gain will not be that much over the one year old dual core g5's. so the price should go down.
but in general i would be happy with any 4MB conroe model.
in a few weeks we will know.
That's probably how I would roll it out if it were up to me.
while i agree with you general lineup i don't think the imac goes below 2ghz for marketing reasons.
i also think the prices for the 2.33 and 2.66 are simply too high. the performance gain will not be that much over the one year old dual core g5's. so the price should go down.
but in general i would be happy with any 4MB conroe model.
in a few weeks we will know.
TheIguana
Nov 13, 11:50 PM
Which law firm please. We'd all like to know for future reference, who to not trust our cases with. While most law has to do with the letter of the law, jury trials often are won or lost based on what the jury believes to be the intent or spirit of the law.
The british common law legal system was never intended to be like this. The lawyers have destroyed and twisted it beyond all recognition. It was originally supposed to be based on judeo-christian morals and ethics. There is not supposed to be a grey area. You are either deliberately infringing on the rights of others or you are not. The original intent was to have a court case as the last resort where parties would first try to solve the problem by talking to each other, then go to arbitration and then court as a last resort.
Come off it, cmaier has a darn good point. Apple is being utterly ridiculous in this debacle between themselves and Rogue Amoeba. There was no reason at all that such a debate should have evolved into a 3 month conflict, nor was it necessary that it should have ended with Rogue Amoeba having to indulge their customers in a battle with Apple over icons. Having user interface unity is something Apple strives for in all of their products. By giving 3rd party developers the ninth degree over something so ingrained in this product is simply stupid. It does nothing to help the end user, ingrain the confidence of developers, or aid Apple. It just brings out end users and developers with grievances and sharpened pitchforks.
The british common law legal system was never intended to be like this. The lawyers have destroyed and twisted it beyond all recognition. It was originally supposed to be based on judeo-christian morals and ethics. There is not supposed to be a grey area. You are either deliberately infringing on the rights of others or you are not. The original intent was to have a court case as the last resort where parties would first try to solve the problem by talking to each other, then go to arbitration and then court as a last resort.
Come off it, cmaier has a darn good point. Apple is being utterly ridiculous in this debacle between themselves and Rogue Amoeba. There was no reason at all that such a debate should have evolved into a 3 month conflict, nor was it necessary that it should have ended with Rogue Amoeba having to indulge their customers in a battle with Apple over icons. Having user interface unity is something Apple strives for in all of their products. By giving 3rd party developers the ninth degree over something so ingrained in this product is simply stupid. It does nothing to help the end user, ingrain the confidence of developers, or aid Apple. It just brings out end users and developers with grievances and sharpened pitchforks.

jiggie2g
Jul 14, 10:14 AM
Yeah, otherwise it's FSB antics.
Not that the locked chips aren't that bad either.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=18
That freakin' Tuniq Tower 120 is an abosolute Beast , I may have to look into purchasing one if my Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 isn't up to the task. I am hoping for atleast 3.6ghz from an E6600. Can't wait till Aug.
Not that the locked chips aren't that bad either.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=18
That freakin' Tuniq Tower 120 is an abosolute Beast , I may have to look into purchasing one if my Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 isn't up to the task. I am hoping for atleast 3.6ghz from an E6600. Can't wait till Aug.
zeiter
Apr 19, 12:25 PM
if samsung stops providing displays to apple, it would be the best thing ever..NO MORE YELLOW TINT ISSUES!!!
Dont Hurt Me
Sep 4, 03:30 PM
Business channel has had a lot of talk about a Apple Pod video phone but I would rather see a Cube redo. How about Cube squared.
aohus
Apr 20, 12:23 PM
android enthusiast here.
i don't see what the big deal is. so what if Apple is storing your location data.
everyone here is on facebook, exposing their real names, friends, user uploaded photos that are under the control of facebook under the new TOS agreement, where they live, phone numbers, what they like, what they dislike, their status updates, etc.
so please, everyone be quiet about this 'omg my civil liberties are being trampled on!'
the moment you go on the internet, privacy goes right out the window.
and btw, google stores location data allll the time.
facebook.com? lol, more like facebook.gov
i don't see what the big deal is. so what if Apple is storing your location data.
everyone here is on facebook, exposing their real names, friends, user uploaded photos that are under the control of facebook under the new TOS agreement, where they live, phone numbers, what they like, what they dislike, their status updates, etc.
so please, everyone be quiet about this 'omg my civil liberties are being trampled on!'
the moment you go on the internet, privacy goes right out the window.
and btw, google stores location data allll the time.
facebook.com? lol, more like facebook.gov
Jvhowube
Aug 31, 02:11 PM
all I care about is getting my MB/P with Merom inside of it. I'm starting school with a POS laptop, and I need someone to tell me that I'll be ordering a new computer on the 12th. PLEASE!
WildPalms
Sep 5, 07:15 PM
Why isn't Mr. Incredible on that logo? Am I the only one who thinks he should be?
Who?
Who?
morespce54
May 4, 10:03 AM
Software options are an epic fail more expensive than Apple's own Mac app store:eek:
That's because you got the physical DVDs included.
Anyway, I'm not getting these Rev A... Kidding! ;)
That's because you got the physical DVDs included.
Anyway, I'm not getting these Rev A... Kidding! ;)
Old Smuggler
Sep 13, 10:03 PM
all i know is i refuse to buy it unless it has these features
http://www.apple-museum.gr.jp/museum/tenji/3d08.jpg
http://www.apple-museum.gr.jp/museum/tenji/3d08.jpg
gleepskip
Apr 20, 09:59 AM
I'm a pretty serious Apple fanatic and I'm willing to scrap my family's iPhones because of this. I know the government can track me anyway by watching my movement across cell towers, but this is a huge affront to privacy.
If you tie this story to the recent news from Michigan that cops there are able to suck the data off of your phone at a traffic stop, then this is really frightening.
If you tie this story to the recent news from Michigan that cops there are able to suck the data off of your phone at a traffic stop, then this is really frightening.
samiwas
Apr 18, 04:26 PM
1. If you are on Salary, you contractually agreed to get the job done regardless of the typical "work week". If you don't want to work long hours, don't accept a salaried position.
2. I am just as whole-heartedly against forcing hourly employees to work unpaid overtime. That would be "theft" or "servitude". Totally different.
Ooohhh. So being on a salary, even a measly one for a basic desk job, means you are now at your employers beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, come hell or high water? Got it. So, if more work comes in and the amount you are given to do increases substantially, you just suck it up and work that many more hours because they won't hire more people for the extra work? That sounds like a pretty awful world...but pretty much what goes on. Too bad people like you manage to convince people it's how life should be.
2. I am just as whole-heartedly against forcing hourly employees to work unpaid overtime. That would be "theft" or "servitude". Totally different.
Ooohhh. So being on a salary, even a measly one for a basic desk job, means you are now at your employers beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, come hell or high water? Got it. So, if more work comes in and the amount you are given to do increases substantially, you just suck it up and work that many more hours because they won't hire more people for the extra work? That sounds like a pretty awful world...but pretty much what goes on. Too bad people like you manage to convince people it's how life should be.
poppe
Aug 28, 10:50 PM
Because people are so scared of immediate obsolescence that they'd rather hope for a new enclosure than enjoy what is currently out. It gets really old.
Acctually what gets old is a look of the same thing for the long time. Now the Powerbook look is awesome, so improve upon it. All of us wishing for a new enclosure are not screaming we want a 17" White MB no no no. We are saying just change it up.
I always find it so funny these apple followers (not you, one I am posting to) that preach about how innovative apple is, but then minute another apple follower demands change, we get our torches, tar, and chicken feathers...
My dream would be a refined Powerbook look. Perhaps in a gunmetal (that super dark grey) still aluminum looking though.
Acctually what gets old is a look of the same thing for the long time. Now the Powerbook look is awesome, so improve upon it. All of us wishing for a new enclosure are not screaming we want a 17" White MB no no no. We are saying just change it up.
I always find it so funny these apple followers (not you, one I am posting to) that preach about how innovative apple is, but then minute another apple follower demands change, we get our torches, tar, and chicken feathers...
My dream would be a refined Powerbook look. Perhaps in a gunmetal (that super dark grey) still aluminum looking though.
macquariumguy
Apr 19, 10:12 AM
I never understood exactly what it means to be a salary worker. Even when I am told I am a salary worker I still have to log my hours (as if I were paid hourly) and I still can't do overtime (==comp time). So what am I missing?
I'm salaried (aka "Exempt") in my job. We used to clock in and out but they made us quit several years ago and now there is no tracking of our hours. I was told at the time it was a legal requirement that we not be made to clock in and out.
In any event, there are rules defining what jobs are and are not eligible as exempt. There are lots of references online with information.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5179644_exempt-salary-vs_-non-exempt.html
I'm salaried (aka "Exempt") in my job. We used to clock in and out but they made us quit several years ago and now there is no tracking of our hours. I was told at the time it was a legal requirement that we not be made to clock in and out.
In any event, there are rules defining what jobs are and are not eligible as exempt. There are lots of references online with information.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5179644_exempt-salary-vs_-non-exempt.html
vwcruisn
Mar 23, 07:21 PM
You're telling me drunk driving is on the same level as eating or talking on a cell phone?
Yes.
The study, published in the June 29 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, found that drivers talking on cell phones, either handheld or hands-free, are more likely to crash because they are distracted by conversation.
Using a driving simulator under four different conditions: with no distractions, using a handheld cell phone, talking on a hands-free cell phone, and while intoxicated to the 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level, 40 participants followed a simulated pace car that braked intermittently.
Researchers found that the drivers on cell phones drove more slowly, braked more slowly and were more likely to crash. In fact, the three participants who collided into the pace car were chatting away. None of the drunken drivers crashed.
Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-6090342-7.html#ixzz1HTJlDgSO
Yes.
The study, published in the June 29 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, found that drivers talking on cell phones, either handheld or hands-free, are more likely to crash because they are distracted by conversation.
Using a driving simulator under four different conditions: with no distractions, using a handheld cell phone, talking on a hands-free cell phone, and while intoxicated to the 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level, 40 participants followed a simulated pace car that braked intermittently.
Researchers found that the drivers on cell phones drove more slowly, braked more slowly and were more likely to crash. In fact, the three participants who collided into the pace car were chatting away. None of the drunken drivers crashed.
Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-6090342-7.html#ixzz1HTJlDgSO
No comments:
Post a Comment