ksgant
Mar 22, 02:47 PM
I'm waiting for the refresh of the Mac Mini myself. We're set for around the middle of May to get the tax refund for our state returns around then and that would be a perfect time for them to come out with the refresh.
portishead
May 3, 10:54 AM
SATA III? And if so on all of them or is optical still II like the laptops?
This is what I want to know also. OCZ Vertex III!
This is what I want to know also. OCZ Vertex III!
mrsir2009
Apr 25, 12:23 AM
she had to veer off of the road to avoid hitting me.
What if she had decided to not swerve off the road and instead run into the back of your car. When the insurance companies and police look at it, she'd be in the right (and be covered) and you'd be in the wrong with a screwed over car.
What if she had decided to not swerve off the road and instead run into the back of your car. When the insurance companies and police look at it, she'd be in the right (and be covered) and you'd be in the wrong with a screwed over car.
headfuzz
Apr 4, 12:17 PM
The mall cop shot him? Really? The mall cop?!
I thought there was an app for that.
I thought there was an app for that.
kharvel
Apr 29, 03:55 AM
There are two groups of Apple consumers:
Group 1: The people who jumped on the Apple bandwagon in or after Y2K
Group 2: The people who have been loyal Apple consumers prior to Y2K. I belong to this group.
Prior to jumping on the bandwagon, many of the folks in Group 1 and the rest of the world made fun of the folks in Group 2. Group 2 people were often considered crazy cultists with a "sad fetish" for Apple (it took a certain type of individual to recognize the insane greatness of Apple products). Group 2 people were also considered stupid/misguided for sticking with Apple. Many of the people in Group 1 and the rest of the world most likely agreed with Michael Dell when he said Apple should close down.
Fast forward to today. Apple now generates more revenues AND profits than Microsoft. This is an important milestone for the Group 2 folks for the simple reason that Apple has finally won the technology war. It may have lost the PC battle but Apple is now indisputably the technology innovation champion. And it became the champion WITHOUT any benefit of a monopolistic position that Microsoft had over the PC operating system for decades.
When I hear comments from people dismissing the significance of Apple surpassing MSFT in profits, I know that these people belong to either Group 1 or are MSFT fanboys. They will never understand the blood, sweat, and tears that Apple and its cult members had to go through to reach this point.
Congratulations, Apple, for reaching the pinnacle. Thanks for doing what you do best: making insanely great consumer technology.
Group 1: The people who jumped on the Apple bandwagon in or after Y2K
Group 2: The people who have been loyal Apple consumers prior to Y2K. I belong to this group.
Prior to jumping on the bandwagon, many of the folks in Group 1 and the rest of the world made fun of the folks in Group 2. Group 2 people were often considered crazy cultists with a "sad fetish" for Apple (it took a certain type of individual to recognize the insane greatness of Apple products). Group 2 people were also considered stupid/misguided for sticking with Apple. Many of the people in Group 1 and the rest of the world most likely agreed with Michael Dell when he said Apple should close down.
Fast forward to today. Apple now generates more revenues AND profits than Microsoft. This is an important milestone for the Group 2 folks for the simple reason that Apple has finally won the technology war. It may have lost the PC battle but Apple is now indisputably the technology innovation champion. And it became the champion WITHOUT any benefit of a monopolistic position that Microsoft had over the PC operating system for decades.
When I hear comments from people dismissing the significance of Apple surpassing MSFT in profits, I know that these people belong to either Group 1 or are MSFT fanboys. They will never understand the blood, sweat, and tears that Apple and its cult members had to go through to reach this point.
Congratulations, Apple, for reaching the pinnacle. Thanks for doing what you do best: making insanely great consumer technology.
digiphantom
Apr 25, 03:35 PM
The superdrive will probably be dropped.
I think Apple will use both SSD for the boot drive and the standard notebook HD for data storage.
I think Apple will use both SSD for the boot drive and the standard notebook HD for data storage.

Multimedia
Sep 12, 04:44 PM
Encoded H.264 Baseline Profile 640x480 Fails 2 Load On Old 5G
Bummer
Bummer
~Shard~
Sep 10, 11:50 AM
Not naming names, but I find it funny how everyone suddenly becomes an engineer.:rolleyes:
What kind of Engineer? A Train Engineer? :p :D
For the record, I'm an Electronics Systems Engineer - not sure if I see what you're getting at... How is "everyone suddenly an Engineer" in this thread? :confused:
What kind of Engineer? A Train Engineer? :p :D
For the record, I'm an Electronics Systems Engineer - not sure if I see what you're getting at... How is "everyone suddenly an Engineer" in this thread? :confused:
rdrr
Sep 15, 06:00 PM
I think the iPhone is going to beat out G5 powerbooks for the most annoying front page rumor.
HA! :p
No the iPhone posts/rumors, will have to go on for at least another six months before it reaches that status. This is still in the Apple tablet stratusphere. :D
HA! :p
No the iPhone posts/rumors, will have to go on for at least another six months before it reaches that status. This is still in the Apple tablet stratusphere. :D
Slix
Apr 28, 08:40 PM
Go Apple! :D
charlituna
Apr 11, 09:27 AM
What I don't get is why can't Apple enable any iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad) as an Airplay target device? Obviously iOS supports it as Apple TV can be a target for Airplay from iTunes.
They could do it but AirPlay targets are supposed to have good sound and the speakers on those items do not. So it makes sense that they haven't cause the idiot masses would hear that lousy sound and think their whatever was busted.
They could do it but AirPlay targets are supposed to have good sound and the speakers on those items do not. So it makes sense that they haven't cause the idiot masses would hear that lousy sound and think their whatever was busted.
oootle
Sep 5, 03:21 PM
Showtime (with it having a capital S) could be the name of a new application?
or maybe not, fun to speculate anyway lol
or maybe not, fun to speculate anyway lol
MovieCutter
Sep 5, 04:33 PM
I'm going to venture a guess and say we'll see something named the iPod Showtime or Showtime as a product name.
roadbloc
Mar 29, 01:17 PM
And where in the first post from the OP did they mention 'in the Finder'?
Doesn't take a genius to work out does it? I understood him, as did plenty of others. If you wish to pointlessly nitpick in hope to make OS X's lack of basic but useful features sound negligible then so be it.
Finder lacks cut and paste. It bugs me at times too.
Doesn't take a genius to work out does it? I understood him, as did plenty of others. If you wish to pointlessly nitpick in hope to make OS X's lack of basic but useful features sound negligible then so be it.
Finder lacks cut and paste. It bugs me at times too.
bitfactory
Oct 27, 09:36 AM
If, say, Steinberg didn't like the fact that girls were hanbding out Protools leaflets in the aisles near their stand do you think Protools would have been kicked out?
No.
It's a huge over-reaction and shows that we now live in a world so devoid of genuine public spaces where debate can freely take place that Governments and corporations can silence anyone on a whim.
Dude, it's a MacWorld convention, not an environmental love-in. GP needs to get their own convention. They were on private property - the conf organizers have the right to do what they want. Never mind their rights, huh?
No.
It's a huge over-reaction and shows that we now live in a world so devoid of genuine public spaces where debate can freely take place that Governments and corporations can silence anyone on a whim.
Dude, it's a MacWorld convention, not an environmental love-in. GP needs to get their own convention. They were on private property - the conf organizers have the right to do what they want. Never mind their rights, huh?
Equitek
Apr 22, 11:53 AM
then why did apple cripple the 13" macbook pro's with ****** resolution then?
I'd have pulled the trigger on a 13" MPB if screen resolution was higher... But now I'll likely be happier with an 11" Air with ThunderBolt. Maybe I can get a 500GB SSD in there by the time it's released, then I'll have all I want (for now).
I'd have pulled the trigger on a 13" MPB if screen resolution was higher... But now I'll likely be happier with an 11" Air with ThunderBolt. Maybe I can get a 500GB SSD in there by the time it's released, then I'll have all I want (for now).
MrWinters
Apr 28, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah - you said it - qualified in "buisiness" [sic] but works in finance - surely that should read - holds some form of accountancy degree and is an accountant? No? under-qualified then. (or clerk)
Oh I see, you're a smart ass. Oh how cute!!!
Tell ya what little boy, Besides a business degree I also hold CCE and CFCC from the AACE as well as a PMP from the PMI. On top of all that, I have worked in the industry for over 35 years. I forgot more about business that your sarcastic smart ass will ever know.
And trust me, my degree and certs have little to do with it. A grade school kid knows that a company that just posted a quarter with revenues of $16.43 billion (which is an increase of 13% from the same period in 2010), and profit of $5.23 billion isn't "DEAD"...
Obviously you don't understand that, in which case, you wouldn't even be a good clerk. Judging from you childish post, I do think I've met before. Haven't I heard you say "Would you like fries with that Sir"????
Oh I see, you're a smart ass. Oh how cute!!!
Tell ya what little boy, Besides a business degree I also hold CCE and CFCC from the AACE as well as a PMP from the PMI. On top of all that, I have worked in the industry for over 35 years. I forgot more about business that your sarcastic smart ass will ever know.
And trust me, my degree and certs have little to do with it. A grade school kid knows that a company that just posted a quarter with revenues of $16.43 billion (which is an increase of 13% from the same period in 2010), and profit of $5.23 billion isn't "DEAD"...
Obviously you don't understand that, in which case, you wouldn't even be a good clerk. Judging from you childish post, I do think I've met before. Haven't I heard you say "Would you like fries with that Sir"????
FleurDuMal
Sep 14, 08:38 AM
If Apple can show a version of Aperture which will run smoothly on a Mac Pro, then my two grand is practically theirs already...
An iCamera (CameraPro?) of some kind would be nice, though highly unlikely.
An iCamera (CameraPro?) of some kind would be nice, though highly unlikely.
Peace
Sep 5, 02:22 PM
I don't usually speculate, but I find it interesting "Showtime" is capitalized. Could the downloads be part of some partnership with the cable channel? Just wild speculation on my part.
-p-
Showtime is owned by Viacom,who also owns the movie channel and a cable company.
-p-
Showtime is owned by Viacom,who also owns the movie channel and a cable company.
NickFalk
Apr 29, 08:28 AM
Microsoft doesn't really play in the consumer / gadget / toy market, which simply means that you don't get to see most of their products unless you work in a corporate data center.
Of course they play in the consumer / gadget / toy market.
Zune, Kin, Xbox.
They are just not particularly successful in these markets, despite pouring a lot of money into them.
Of course they play in the consumer / gadget / toy market.
Zune, Kin, Xbox.
They are just not particularly successful in these markets, despite pouring a lot of money into them.
israelagm
Mar 30, 12:27 PM
Just for those that insist Microsoft only ever uses the term 'program' . XP dates back to 2001.
http://i.imgur.com/Wdw3y.jpg
Am I missing something from this? You're using a screenshot of Windows showing file types and the only thing showing the use of the term "Application" is on iTunes related files?
How does that prove your point? I really don't know if I missed what you were actually trying to convey? It's kinda like when someone is horribly wrong and because of that you start to question yourself if you were even right in the first place.
http://i.imgur.com/Wdw3y.jpg
Am I missing something from this? You're using a screenshot of Windows showing file types and the only thing showing the use of the term "Application" is on iTunes related files?
How does that prove your point? I really don't know if I missed what you were actually trying to convey? It's kinda like when someone is horribly wrong and because of that you start to question yourself if you were even right in the first place.
vand0576
Sep 26, 09:06 AM
Cingular service in my area sucks. I've been a happy t-mobile customer for almost 5 years. I am already happy with my Samsung t-809, and still don't know how I feel about device convergence.
louis Fashion
Apr 28, 03:18 PM
Anyone looked at Mr. Softy's stock price? What a dog.
Lollypop
Aug 29, 01:08 AM
The current PB look has been around since 2001. I think the alumin look is starting to look soooo 2000. Were heading toward time to move on with a new chip and a new look.
I still like the look of the PB, a few refinements would be welcome... mag latch, firewire 800 on the 15inch model. I dont think apple will do a complete redesign for a "small" upgrade like the C2D, but they can take the chance to polish their offerings a bit more.
I still like the look of the PB, a few refinements would be welcome... mag latch, firewire 800 on the 15inch model. I dont think apple will do a complete redesign for a "small" upgrade like the C2D, but they can take the chance to polish their offerings a bit more.
No comments:
Post a Comment