meanmusic
Aug 27, 10:33 PM
Core 2 Duo is here. Looks like Toshiba is first out of the gate with Core 2 Duo laptops:
http://www.toshibadirect.com:80/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=347885&coid=-30600&seg=HHO
http://www.toshibadirect.com:80/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=347885&coid=-30600&seg=HHO
Yamcha
Mar 26, 11:36 AM
Yay, this is what I've been looking forward to, forget iOS devices :P. I'm sorry but I use my computer the most everyday.. Anyway I really hope we see it soon..
heisetax
Jul 14, 03:43 PM
This is good news for me.. it will make it easy to resist buying one this year. No 3ghz xeon, no bluray, no new case design.
This means that the 2.7 GHz G5 of a year ago or more would still be a high for CPU speeds for the PowerMac/MacPro line. We already have dual dual 2.5 GHz G5 a year ago. An increase to 2.66 GHz means that either 2008 or 2009 we will see the promised 3 GHz PowerMac/MacPro.
Any bets on which year it will be?
Bill the TaxMan
This means that the 2.7 GHz G5 of a year ago or more would still be a high for CPU speeds for the PowerMac/MacPro line. We already have dual dual 2.5 GHz G5 a year ago. An increase to 2.66 GHz means that either 2008 or 2009 we will see the promised 3 GHz PowerMac/MacPro.
Any bets on which year it will be?
Bill the TaxMan
notabadname
Mar 31, 06:35 PM
What a concept, Apple should consider this concept, for a more consistent and stable OS . . .
oh, they do
oh, they do
Cooknn
Aug 23, 12:51 PM
Let us continue to pray for a speedy death to the Macintosh PowerPC computer.I'd rather pray for the speedy development of Adobe Creative Suite 3 UB :cool:
citizenzen
Mar 18, 09:06 PM
I am very unhappy that Obama did not get us out of a state of War. Which pacifist do you plan on voting for this next time around?
What pacifist ever has a realistic chance of becoming the next "commander-in-chief"?
That's why 5P's contention is so ridiculous.
Candidates must paint themselves as "strong" and capable of leading our military, otherwise there'd be little chance they'd be elected as president.
What pacifist ever has a realistic chance of becoming the next "commander-in-chief"?
That's why 5P's contention is so ridiculous.
Candidates must paint themselves as "strong" and capable of leading our military, otherwise there'd be little chance they'd be elected as president.
crackbookpro
Apr 25, 03:51 PM
Ladies Ladies... they are storing information that should be private(yes, indeed), but let's not blow this out of proportion.
THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOU!!!
The OS or iOS collects & stores this information like many platforms for specific reasons... Android, does indeed do the very same type of stored information of the 3 cell-tower's estimation of location.
The really REALLY bad news is that this information is stored in your iPhone as well as the actual device(Mac or PC) you sync your iPhone/iPad with. The information get's logged correctly... but what is not correct is how it is securely(insecurely) being stored - we are talking about Privacy.
THE iPHONE IS JUST NOT AS SECURE AS IT SHOULD BE!!!
The file should be stored(for technical specific reasons), but not with this lack of diligence on user privacy...
APPLE, you need a way to log this info in a much more secure atmosphere if the iOS does truly need this information for specific OS reasons.
THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOU!!!
The OS or iOS collects & stores this information like many platforms for specific reasons... Android, does indeed do the very same type of stored information of the 3 cell-tower's estimation of location.
The really REALLY bad news is that this information is stored in your iPhone as well as the actual device(Mac or PC) you sync your iPhone/iPad with. The information get's logged correctly... but what is not correct is how it is securely(insecurely) being stored - we are talking about Privacy.
THE iPHONE IS JUST NOT AS SECURE AS IT SHOULD BE!!!
The file should be stored(for technical specific reasons), but not with this lack of diligence on user privacy...
APPLE, you need a way to log this info in a much more secure atmosphere if the iOS does truly need this information for specific OS reasons.
nitynate
Nov 28, 06:29 PM
No thanks.
I pay for my music.
I pay for my music.
skunk
Mar 22, 07:39 PM
I don't think Obama was "dragged" into this at all, the US has gotten willingly involved - but to what extent do you think it was stage-managed?As far as necessary to make it appear that he was the "last piece of the jigsaw" rather than its inventor.
Zadillo
Aug 27, 03:59 PM
Finally people who grasp it
It's not that people didn't understand the joke. It's that the joke ceased being funny after the first couple of hundreds of times it was told.
-Zadillo
It's not that people didn't understand the joke. It's that the joke ceased being funny after the first couple of hundreds of times it was told.
-Zadillo
starflyer
Mar 23, 09:30 AM
So you don't understand the primary differences between the cellphone market and the launch of the iPhone and the tablet market and the launch of the iPad. If you did you would understand why this is not the case.
Exactly. What people fail to realize is that the iPad market is more comparable to the iPod Touch then the iPhone for which there still isn't any competition.
Exactly. What people fail to realize is that the iPad market is more comparable to the iPod Touch then the iPhone for which there still isn't any competition.
koobcamuk
Apr 7, 11:50 PM
BestBuy are some of the most notorious criminals in this country and Apple should pull out completely from their worthless trash retail stores.
How are they criminals?
Are they as notorious as Al Capone yet?
How are they criminals?
Are they as notorious as Al Capone yet?
dethmaShine
Mar 31, 02:41 PM
Google is going to define 'open' in a way it benefits them and their advertising crusade.
I remember those days of the G1 on vodafone (in the UK, I guess?) such horrible, sluggish phones; google shipping out an incomplete product were at the mercy of Carriers and Manufacturers and now they don't give a ****.
Another less in the light: Never partner with Google. They have always been like this.
I remember those days of the G1 on vodafone (in the UK, I guess?) such horrible, sluggish phones; google shipping out an incomplete product were at the mercy of Carriers and Manufacturers and now they don't give a ****.
Another less in the light: Never partner with Google. They have always been like this.
GenesisST
Mar 31, 04:00 PM
Can't we just all get along?:-)
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
Objectivity, here? It's like thinking in church... BLASPHEMY!
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
Objectivity, here? It's like thinking in church... BLASPHEMY!
BlizzardBomb
Jul 27, 12:51 PM
How about a new Mac at WWDC?
The Mac name will never work! It's just too generic. And Apple must be suicidal if they keep a Core Solo in the Mini. The Core Solo will NOT be price dropped and offers very poor value for money compared to a low-end Merom or mid-range Yonah (after price drop).
The Mac name will never work! It's just too generic. And Apple must be suicidal if they keep a Core Solo in the Mini. The Core Solo will NOT be price dropped and offers very poor value for money compared to a low-end Merom or mid-range Yonah (after price drop).
HBOC
Apr 8, 01:50 AM
I'll pile on here.
I hate Best Buy.
I miss Circuit City.
I wish there was a Frys in Utah.
There, I feel better. I hope this place suffers. I hate Best Buy.
Fry's is way WORSE than Best Buy. All those tools are on commission, whereas BB they are not, although BOTH locations have equally clueless people. And their prices are not that great, and there is NO sales tax here in Oregon. They won't even match Amazon or Newegg. No one sells for less than those two... Not missing much my man.. and don't get me started on the "build it yourself PC section and TV section...
I hate Best Buy.
I miss Circuit City.
I wish there was a Frys in Utah.
There, I feel better. I hope this place suffers. I hate Best Buy.
Fry's is way WORSE than Best Buy. All those tools are on commission, whereas BB they are not, although BOTH locations have equally clueless people. And their prices are not that great, and there is NO sales tax here in Oregon. They won't even match Amazon or Newegg. No one sells for less than those two... Not missing much my man.. and don't get me started on the "build it yourself PC section and TV section...
rdowns
Feb 28, 06:29 PM
Lee, I agree with you about what you say, but he clearly did say that this was only his opinion. People are allowed that, even if it is hateful and exclusionist.
Agreed, but when you air your opinions in public, others have the right to challenge them.
Agreed, but when you air your opinions in public, others have the right to challenge them.
mcrain
Apr 27, 10:47 AM
Stay classy Faux News:
Oh, it gets better. Apparently, the release of the birth certificate proving them wrong somehow demonstrates that the "birthers" were NOT kooks. :rolleyes:
President Obama reversed course today and answered critics, led by reality show host Donald Trump, who have called for him to release his original birth certificate.
Until now, the White House has stood by the president�s certificate of live birth, a health department document that attests to the existence of an actual birth certificate. The document has less information, but is valid proof of citizenship.
...
The president will address the press on the issue this morning just one day after his press secretary upbraided a reporter for even asking about such a thing.
...
Case in point: In a snappish press conference on Tuesday, Press Secretary Jay Carney gave a belittling answer to CNN�s Ed Henry for asking why the president doesn�t put the doubts over his nativity to rest by releasing his long-form birth certificate.
Carney told Henry that Americans would be �appalled� by the question and that he should be talking about serious issues involving the economy and foreign affairs.
...
Carney painted Obama into a corner by suggesting that he can�t deal with the distraction of answering the question about his birth certificate because he is working constantly to revive the economy and oversee three wars. How can he help Winfrey, raise money or even play golf by that standard?
Democrats long championed the idea of branding Republicans as kooks for believing that the president might not have been born in Hawaii. It explains why liberal outlets have given such lavish attention to Trump, who has embraced the issue.
But when a Gallup poll shows that only 38 percent of Americans are convinced of the president�s place of birth, the strategy of branding Republicans as �birthers� looks dubious. The fact that Obama has drawn a hard line against releasing his birth certificate amid such doubts was an unsustainable position amid legitimate inquiries from legitimate journalists like Henry. FauxNews (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/27/birther-strategy-backfires/)
Oh, it gets better. Apparently, the release of the birth certificate proving them wrong somehow demonstrates that the "birthers" were NOT kooks. :rolleyes:
President Obama reversed course today and answered critics, led by reality show host Donald Trump, who have called for him to release his original birth certificate.
Until now, the White House has stood by the president�s certificate of live birth, a health department document that attests to the existence of an actual birth certificate. The document has less information, but is valid proof of citizenship.
...
The president will address the press on the issue this morning just one day after his press secretary upbraided a reporter for even asking about such a thing.
...
Case in point: In a snappish press conference on Tuesday, Press Secretary Jay Carney gave a belittling answer to CNN�s Ed Henry for asking why the president doesn�t put the doubts over his nativity to rest by releasing his long-form birth certificate.
Carney told Henry that Americans would be �appalled� by the question and that he should be talking about serious issues involving the economy and foreign affairs.
...
Carney painted Obama into a corner by suggesting that he can�t deal with the distraction of answering the question about his birth certificate because he is working constantly to revive the economy and oversee three wars. How can he help Winfrey, raise money or even play golf by that standard?
Democrats long championed the idea of branding Republicans as kooks for believing that the president might not have been born in Hawaii. It explains why liberal outlets have given such lavish attention to Trump, who has embraced the issue.
But when a Gallup poll shows that only 38 percent of Americans are convinced of the president�s place of birth, the strategy of branding Republicans as �birthers� looks dubious. The fact that Obama has drawn a hard line against releasing his birth certificate amid such doubts was an unsustainable position amid legitimate inquiries from legitimate journalists like Henry. FauxNews (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/27/birther-strategy-backfires/)
iJohnHenry
Mar 19, 05:52 PM
It's a known fact the Obama Administration monitors MacRumors forums for a populist read on issues... ;)
OMG. I guess I should not have deleted those White House E-mails as spam. :eek:
OMG. I guess I should not have deleted those White House E-mails as spam. :eek:
mcgillmaine
Jun 22, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info ugp.....Is there anyway you can check other stores to see what they got in stock?
Also what area do you live in? And why do you think Apple sent out so little to your area? Because Raleigh-Durham is a decent size (maybe 7-10 stores) but we also have two Apple stores. So maybe Apple is taking that into consideration with allotted units to Radio Shack. IDK just an idea.
Thanks again for your help! Good luck on the 24th!
Also what area do you live in? And why do you think Apple sent out so little to your area? Because Raleigh-Durham is a decent size (maybe 7-10 stores) but we also have two Apple stores. So maybe Apple is taking that into consideration with allotted units to Radio Shack. IDK just an idea.
Thanks again for your help! Good luck on the 24th!
THX1139
Aug 19, 07:34 PM
... For anyone out there who has been needlessly influenced by this guy to wait for a system that will only be outdated by the one that will come after it, please uninfluence yourself, and buy the stupid computer that you want, when you want it.
Jeeshh!!
I agree. I'm noticing a trend. People who are looking at the Macpro in a negative way come in three flavors. The first type are invested in G5 (especially quad) and are desperately trying justify that their investment is sound, when they actually desire a Macpro. They can feel better about their old machines by making the new ones seem bad. The are almost "smug" about waiting until a better one comes out. The second flavor are people who hate the Mac culture and are pissed that the Mac is catching up to the windows workstation sector. The third type are people who can't afford a Macpro and go out of their way to publicly discredit the machine so that they can feel good about their iMacs or Minis. There are others, but you get the point.
I also find it amusing when I see posters participating in Macpro discussions when they have publicly stated that they have no intention of buying a Macpro. WTF?? Don't they have a life outside of macrumors? If I owned a G5 Quad and had no intention of buying a Macpro, I'd be spending all of my spare time doing cool stuff with my machine... instead of wasting that time participating in discussions that have nothing to do with me. I might read though some of the threads now and then, just to keep up with technology - but to particpate and debate, what a waste. I guess some folks have no life.
Jeeshh!!
I agree. I'm noticing a trend. People who are looking at the Macpro in a negative way come in three flavors. The first type are invested in G5 (especially quad) and are desperately trying justify that their investment is sound, when they actually desire a Macpro. They can feel better about their old machines by making the new ones seem bad. The are almost "smug" about waiting until a better one comes out. The second flavor are people who hate the Mac culture and are pissed that the Mac is catching up to the windows workstation sector. The third type are people who can't afford a Macpro and go out of their way to publicly discredit the machine so that they can feel good about their iMacs or Minis. There are others, but you get the point.
I also find it amusing when I see posters participating in Macpro discussions when they have publicly stated that they have no intention of buying a Macpro. WTF?? Don't they have a life outside of macrumors? If I owned a G5 Quad and had no intention of buying a Macpro, I'd be spending all of my spare time doing cool stuff with my machine... instead of wasting that time participating in discussions that have nothing to do with me. I might read though some of the threads now and then, just to keep up with technology - but to particpate and debate, what a waste. I guess some folks have no life.
Zadillo
Aug 27, 05:38 PM
Hey for what its worth, i understand where you're coming from Zadillo BUT some people still find the joke funny and therefore it deserves to be told.
Fair enough, and I won't argue any more about it. I can't think of anything more tedious than a debate about whether a joke is funny or not...:)
Fair enough, and I won't argue any more about it. I can't think of anything more tedious than a debate about whether a joke is funny or not...:)
PBF
Apr 11, 11:11 PM
I think everyone making the (pretty much insane) comments that this spells the end of the iPhone's dominance should wait and see what iOS 5 looks like and how the iPhone 5 takes advantage of it.
Hmm, I wonder on what device they will preview iOS 5.
They can't really say something like "...and these awesome groundbreaking features will work even better on iPhone 5", can they? :rolleyes:
Hmm... :rolleyes:
Hmm, I wonder on what device they will preview iOS 5.
They can't really say something like "...and these awesome groundbreaking features will work even better on iPhone 5", can they? :rolleyes:
Hmm... :rolleyes:
Unspeaked
Aug 11, 11:14 AM
G5 iPhones next Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment