skunk
Apr 28, 01:24 PM
True enough, whatever Obama's virtues, I think that as a President of the United States, he's incompetent....so what you said about doubting and not believing is not true.
azentropy
Apr 5, 04:46 PM
Hopefully there will be new iMacs to go with it. Refresh please!
and Mac Pros!
and entry level MacBook!
and Mac minis!
and ...
and Mac Pros!
and entry level MacBook!
and Mac minis!
and ...
ryanw
Aug 25, 09:26 PM
Funny how I just came across this thread, as I'm in the middle of an Apple support nightmare as well (I have one of those MacBooks that just turns itself off for no reason - completely unacceptable). I have been routed through 12 people over 3 calls, with several promises of "expedited resolution"s but no tangible result.
Although it's possible (and likely) that the prevalence of the MacBook defects have been overblown, I do know that Apple's support process puts you through a lot of hoops to get any major issue resolved (e.g., replacing a clearly defective product). Each person I've talked to has been courteous, but in the end I still have no faith in their ability to actually solve my problem in a timely manner.
Frustrated Apple User
I've seen this happen to me personally... the macbook just shuts down on me. I "THINK" I have linked it to the magnetic money clip in my pocket. I THINK when I put the macbook on my lap it thinks I have shut the cover due to the magnetic latch. Is it possible you're putting near or on something magnetic?
Although it's possible (and likely) that the prevalence of the MacBook defects have been overblown, I do know that Apple's support process puts you through a lot of hoops to get any major issue resolved (e.g., replacing a clearly defective product). Each person I've talked to has been courteous, but in the end I still have no faith in their ability to actually solve my problem in a timely manner.
Frustrated Apple User
I've seen this happen to me personally... the macbook just shuts down on me. I "THINK" I have linked it to the magnetic money clip in my pocket. I THINK when I put the macbook on my lap it thinks I have shut the cover due to the magnetic latch. Is it possible you're putting near or on something magnetic?
NJRonbo
Jun 22, 08:19 AM
Aggie,
They are supposed to.
However, nobody knows how much stock
Radio Shack is going to receive.
There are those that have reserved phones.
Stock may only cover those. Perhaps there
will be a few extras.
RS is on the low end of the totem pole for
receiving stock of these new phones so I
suspect there will not be many on hand.
They are supposed to.
However, nobody knows how much stock
Radio Shack is going to receive.
There are those that have reserved phones.
Stock may only cover those. Perhaps there
will be a few extras.
RS is on the low end of the totem pole for
receiving stock of these new phones so I
suspect there will not be many on hand.
portishead
Apr 12, 12:17 AM
How about using more than one bloody core to render a timeline or do an export to the eternally-broken Compressor?
How about properly recognizing file attributes on import?
�stability?
�QMaster having better than coin-flip reliability?
�better R3D support (as well as other cameras)?
�GPGPU/OpenCL?
etc etc
Barely any of these are features you NEED. Yes we all want a faster NLE, but people are talking like FCP doesn't work, and is light years behind. All it needs is an update to 64 bit, new quicktime platform, and some other things which I won't go into.
How about properly recognizing file attributes on import?
�stability?
�QMaster having better than coin-flip reliability?
�better R3D support (as well as other cameras)?
�GPGPU/OpenCL?
etc etc
Barely any of these are features you NEED. Yes we all want a faster NLE, but people are talking like FCP doesn't work, and is light years behind. All it needs is an update to 64 bit, new quicktime platform, and some other things which I won't go into.
Stridder44
Aug 7, 04:14 PM
...You can also lock specific applications to specific Spaces, so you�ll always know where, say, Safari or Keynote is at all times.
Do you realize how awesome this would be at work???
Do you realize how awesome this would be at work???
agentmouthwash
Nov 28, 08:17 PM
If this happens, I will proudly use Bit Torrent and pirate all Universal music that I want. Right now I use itunes because the price scheme is perfect. Universal is making a big mistake.
Silentwave
Jul 14, 05:47 PM
Mac Pro $1999
2x Woodcrest 2.0Ghz
1GB DDR667
That price point for a quad would not be easy. A dual processor Xeon 2GHz woodcrest Dell workstationwith 1GB FB-DIMM 533 running Linux (cheaper than the windoze version) with a 750W power supply is nearly $2900. And even though I did my best to equalize some of the things to be more like the features of the powermac (ports, vid cards etc.), it still has the potential to be much more expensive.
2x Woodcrest 2.0Ghz
1GB DDR667
That price point for a quad would not be easy. A dual processor Xeon 2GHz woodcrest Dell workstationwith 1GB FB-DIMM 533 running Linux (cheaper than the windoze version) with a 750W power supply is nearly $2900. And even though I did my best to equalize some of the things to be more like the features of the powermac (ports, vid cards etc.), it still has the potential to be much more expensive.
rovex
Apr 11, 02:30 PM
Does Arn write every single article on this forum?
flopticalcube
Apr 27, 10:19 AM
This is like watching two officers argue about who gets to lower the lifeboats while the Titanic is sinking.
More like arguing about where the dessert forks and soup spoons go in the place settings. I don't think lifeboats have even entered into the conversation.
More like arguing about where the dessert forks and soup spoons go in the place settings. I don't think lifeboats have even entered into the conversation.
Michael73
Apr 11, 11:28 AM
Hopefully the additional wait time will result in a more revolutionary than evolutionary device.
Bill McEnaney
Apr 29, 01:04 PM
Would you start a new thread about this please? You've really taken this off course.
As to your second point, it's pointless. I called you out on your assertion that liberals do more of the name calling.
I'll start a new thread. I wasn't talking about liberals in general. I said that most of the name-callers I knew of were liberals.
As to your second point, it's pointless. I called you out on your assertion that liberals do more of the name calling.
I'll start a new thread. I wasn't talking about liberals in general. I said that most of the name-callers I knew of were liberals.
johnnyrb
Mar 26, 10:35 AM
Here's hoping that Front Row is added for those of us who actually use it.
sirgant
Nov 29, 02:44 AM
What on earth are these people at music studio's thinking!!! Did they get royalties for every stereo sold? NO, so neither should they get anything for iPod or any hardware sales. Only for the products THEY supply, should they get money, being the music and movies/ video's, in other words the content.
This is typical behaviour of music studio's and I sincerely hope that Apple will not budge, nor should any other company. Of course MS is eager to pay as they need their Zune to succeed, and Universal is riding along for a slice of the pie, but who will loose out in the end is the consumer, as these royalties are eventually going to get calculated such that we will pay them......
We should all start protesting all record companies to clean up their act, in the mean time, the general consumer should to, copying of music is stealing, the prices on iTunes are fair and reasonable, so lets be nice and buy them properly, and the record companies can then make sure there is more for us to buy (some real refreshing new music would be nice, instead of all this "X factor, American idol, etc etc manufactured stuff....) , and not just fill their pockets as they are trying to do all the time
It's not music studios, but record companies, they are not the same entities.
A couple of things to clarify. I am actually a producer, who has a pre-existing deal with MCA/Universal Music Publishers.
1. Doug Morris, Chairman of Universal is a greedy bastard, who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.
2. Artists, Songwriters & Producers are already getting screwed by major labels, not accounting properly, holding millions of dollars, using creative accounting practices etc.
3. The percentage breakdown with ITMS and labels is basically 65/35 as it is rounded off to the 100 in favor of the labels.
4. The real culprit here is Microsoft, who is whoring out Zunes in order to get a foothold on the marketplace. Consumers can speak with their pocketbooks, don't buy the crappy Zune players, but support your artists & songwriters who make a living off of sales, by purchasing music.
Thanks
This is typical behaviour of music studio's and I sincerely hope that Apple will not budge, nor should any other company. Of course MS is eager to pay as they need their Zune to succeed, and Universal is riding along for a slice of the pie, but who will loose out in the end is the consumer, as these royalties are eventually going to get calculated such that we will pay them......
We should all start protesting all record companies to clean up their act, in the mean time, the general consumer should to, copying of music is stealing, the prices on iTunes are fair and reasonable, so lets be nice and buy them properly, and the record companies can then make sure there is more for us to buy (some real refreshing new music would be nice, instead of all this "X factor, American idol, etc etc manufactured stuff....) , and not just fill their pockets as they are trying to do all the time
It's not music studios, but record companies, they are not the same entities.
A couple of things to clarify. I am actually a producer, who has a pre-existing deal with MCA/Universal Music Publishers.
1. Doug Morris, Chairman of Universal is a greedy bastard, who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.
2. Artists, Songwriters & Producers are already getting screwed by major labels, not accounting properly, holding millions of dollars, using creative accounting practices etc.
3. The percentage breakdown with ITMS and labels is basically 65/35 as it is rounded off to the 100 in favor of the labels.
4. The real culprit here is Microsoft, who is whoring out Zunes in order to get a foothold on the marketplace. Consumers can speak with their pocketbooks, don't buy the crappy Zune players, but support your artists & songwriters who make a living off of sales, by purchasing music.
Thanks
mozmac
Jul 27, 01:53 PM
Apple has been silent for a while in the hardware release area. It's time for them to update their whole line for the back-to-school and Christmas seasons. I can't wait for Aug 7. I want to see Leopard so bad. Also, let's all remember that Apple can make product announcements at any time. I can see the PowerMac being updated at WWDC because it's a product that deals with the developer market; however, consumer products could very well be reserved for a separate, stand-alone announcement day.

severe
Jun 21, 11:49 PM
...I may be an idiot for trusting radioshack but I want to trade in my 3GS so... I'll be waiting outside of my radioshack atleast an hour before they open on Thursday. Wish me luck!
I would sell the 3GS privately. You're almost guaranteed to get more for it. Post it somewhere tonight and I'll bet you that you get more for it than what Radio Shack will offer you.
Radio Shack's trade-in program is a decent option, but one could do much better with a little leg work.
I would sell the 3GS privately. You're almost guaranteed to get more for it. Post it somewhere tonight and I'll bet you that you get more for it than what Radio Shack will offer you.
Radio Shack's trade-in program is a decent option, but one could do much better with a little leg work.
ccrandall77
Aug 11, 03:50 PM
Ever heard of DoCoMo?
And....
Trying to say that DoCoMo is the majority of the other 19%? Doubt it.
And....
Trying to say that DoCoMo is the majority of the other 19%? Doubt it.

CorvusCamenarum
Feb 28, 05:14 PM
According to the school's website (http://www.chc.edu/News/2011/February/statement_regarding_jim_st_george/), he was not fired as the OP's article suggests. Rather, his contract was not renewed. AFAIK, adjunct instructors do not enjoy the same privileges as tenured professors. If his contract ran out and was simply not renewed, then that's that, unless it can be argued that the college has some legal obligation to offer a new contract.
California
Aug 26, 03:21 AM
I tell you, I've had nothing but trouble with Apple. I'm young, I'm a medical student (so relatively affluent), and I'm a "switcher." I'm their target audience! That switching part though, that was a mistake on my part. Mac OS X is beautiful software, I love it. Unfortunately I've had a lot of problems with the hardware. These days it's enough I wish I still had my IBM/Lenovo laptop--that never gave me problems.
Danksi
Aug 15, 01:20 PM
Premiere Pro, for an example, is starting to use GPU-accelerated effects, I think it's a trend that will soon be coming over to FCP.
I'd get the 2.6 ghz, then add another graphics card in the future if the current one doesn't suffice.
Good to know. Thanks.
I'd get the 2.6 ghz, then add another graphics card in the future if the current one doesn't suffice.
Good to know. Thanks.
littleman23408
Dec 1, 11:31 AM
Heh, if you like driving the bus, you'll LOVE the next two races at Top Gear...
greattttt
I am digging all the other challenges, the go-karts are real cool, but easy. The nascar isn't to bad. Although it took me a couple tries to get gold on the 2nd race. Nurburgring is cool, I know the track so its not to difficult. Then those dang bus's. :rolleyes:
I'm looking forward to the ones after I think nurburgring as I haven't done any after that. I also hope I can roll around the top gear track for fun, maybe I have to level up to a certain level.
greattttt
I am digging all the other challenges, the go-karts are real cool, but easy. The nascar isn't to bad. Although it took me a couple tries to get gold on the 2nd race. Nurburgring is cool, I know the track so its not to difficult. Then those dang bus's. :rolleyes:
I'm looking forward to the ones after I think nurburgring as I haven't done any after that. I also hope I can roll around the top gear track for fun, maybe I have to level up to a certain level.
~Shard~
Jul 14, 02:57 PM
Kind of a week video card isn't it? I dont know much about Vcards... but feels week. Perhaps its real nice though
What would you prefer, a day video card, or perhaps a month video card? :p :D
Logically speaking, weak minds would also think "a like".
Actually, it's technically "fools seldom differ", but I just like to ignore that part of the saying... ;) :cool:
If Apple is going to be including dual optical drives, you think it would only make sense for them to include more HDD drive bays as well, which to me would be just as (if not more) important and useful. But, perhaps they will not be able to with the added optical drive. Guess it comes down to how much they redesign the case.
What would you prefer, a day video card, or perhaps a month video card? :p :D
Logically speaking, weak minds would also think "a like".
Actually, it's technically "fools seldom differ", but I just like to ignore that part of the saying... ;) :cool:
If Apple is going to be including dual optical drives, you think it would only make sense for them to include more HDD drive bays as well, which to me would be just as (if not more) important and useful. But, perhaps they will not be able to with the added optical drive. Guess it comes down to how much they redesign the case.
generik
Sep 13, 05:34 AM
Seems like someone in Anantech has managed to do just that with the upcoming Clovertown chips (http://anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2832&p=6).
It is like the iMac/Mac Mini -> Merom all over again!
It is like the iMac/Mac Mini -> Merom all over again!
eoblaed
Apr 25, 02:48 PM
Thinking it's only stored on the device and not used by Apple is naive. What's the point of logging your every location if it's not going to be used in some way.
When you bought your device (even if you didn't purchase one, I'm speaking to the general 'you'), you knew that it had GPS capabilities. You knew that the phone knew where you were at any given time.
You also knew it had network capabilities. Nothing stops any GPS device with networking capabilities from broadcasting this data without you knowing. We trust the manufacturers of these devices to not do that.
Saying you don't trust Apple/Google/etc to not secretly broadcast your data just because it's backed up like your contacts/phone-conversation-information/texts/etc runs counter to the same trust you placed in those companies when you bought the device; if they're willing to broadcast that data because it's saved on your device they could just as easily broadcast that data as it's being gathered, real time without storing it. In fact, it'd be easier to do that since there wouldn't be an easy artifact left behind for people to gawk at.
Seriously, if you trust these companies to not broadcast your data behind your back while you're using it, why do you think they're going to broadcast it because it's part of your backup?
When you bought your device (even if you didn't purchase one, I'm speaking to the general 'you'), you knew that it had GPS capabilities. You knew that the phone knew where you were at any given time.
You also knew it had network capabilities. Nothing stops any GPS device with networking capabilities from broadcasting this data without you knowing. We trust the manufacturers of these devices to not do that.
Saying you don't trust Apple/Google/etc to not secretly broadcast your data just because it's backed up like your contacts/phone-conversation-information/texts/etc runs counter to the same trust you placed in those companies when you bought the device; if they're willing to broadcast that data because it's saved on your device they could just as easily broadcast that data as it's being gathered, real time without storing it. In fact, it'd be easier to do that since there wouldn't be an easy artifact left behind for people to gawk at.
Seriously, if you trust these companies to not broadcast your data behind your back while you're using it, why do you think they're going to broadcast it because it's part of your backup?
No comments:
Post a Comment