Monday, May 9, 2011

Whatever People Say I Am

Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever people say I am,
  • Whatever people say I am,



  • roadbloc
    Apr 4, 04:26 PM
    Thanks, McAfee,

    Ever since I got my first mac in you and other antivirus vendors have been reminding me, every six months or so, that OS X is facing an imminent security meltdown.

    Though this is yet to happen, it's always enough to remind me to make sure I've got the latest version of the excellent and free ClamXav, and that I have a good working backup of my machine, which is made possible by many other wonderful free tools.

    Though I'll never buy your software, you provide a great service to me.

    Thanks, Ed

    ClamXav only detects Windows viruses.





    Whatever People Say I Am. whatever people say i am
  • whatever people say i am



  • Igantius
    Apr 19, 07:24 AM
    Do any of these suits ever actually get resolved?

    It's going back over a decade, but eMachines had to stop selling its eOne after Apple won a legal battle over the physical similarity with the original iMac model. eMachines gave its product a different shape to the Apple 'teardrop', but it wasn't enough.

    There was another computer, the ePower that looked even more like an iMac (IIRC, it was even the same colour as Bondi Blue) - that one didn't get to the market because of an injunction by Apple.

    In at least one legal case over iMac 'influenced' PCs, the judge commented on the amount of marketing Apple had spent and which focussed on the physical look - so essentially was saying that other companies were trying to exploit that.





    Whatever People Say I Am. whatever people say i am
  • whatever people say i am



  • Clive At Five
    Sep 19, 02:08 PM
    As stated by others already, this bodes very well for Apple signing other studios onto the plan. I would not be surprised one bit if we see it by the end of the month, even.

    -Clive





    Whatever People Say I Am. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That#39;s What I#39;m Not MP3 Downloads - 7digital
  • Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That#39;s What I#39;m Not MP3 Downloads - 7digital



  • oneighturbo
    Sep 14, 01:15 PM
    If the new one is announced before your order ships, it will be automatically upgraded. Otherwise, you should return the unopened product within 2 weeks of purchase for a free upgrade.

    so far its 24hr shipping..

    that will mean living with a MBP unopened for 11 days and then some... :eek: :D





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever people say I am,
  • Whatever people say I am,



  • MacinDoc
    Sep 9, 11:42 AM
    http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/

    Tom's Hardware benchmarks Intel's first quad-core "Kentsfield"

    Culver City (CA) - Intel's first quad-core processor "Kentsfield" has found its way into the Tom's Hardware test lab. Several weeks before Intel will provide evaluation processors to the press, Tom's Hardware was able to obtain a qualification sample: The quad-core was sent through the entire test parcours and showed impressive performance.
    ...
    Kentsfield, which industry sources refer to as "Core 2 Quadro," arrived as a 2.67 GHz version with a 266 MHz/1066 MHz FSB. The test engineers were able to adjust the FSB to 1333 MHz - which is still supported by the 975X chipset - and overclock the CPU by about 25%. The benchmarks were conducted with clock speeds ranging from 2.0 GHz to 3.33 GHz.

    Kentsfield easily shattered previous benchmarks records and highlighted its horsepower especially in threaded applications such as audio and video processing.
    That should put to rest the ridiculous arguments that Apple made a mistake in making the transition to Intel.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • andys53
    Apr 22, 02:07 AM
    It is though, if the story's correct, starting to sound better.





    Whatever People Say I Am. WE KNO SO ! ² ° °. Arctic
  • WE KNO SO ! ² ° °. Arctic



  • Dr.Gargoyle
    Sep 14, 09:28 AM
    do tell. why?
    Photokina is a photo convention. Not a computer convention.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • Denndave
    Sep 26, 01:27 PM
    Why doesn't Apple just sell the phone themselves??? That way, people all over the world can buy it. Why doesn't Apple sell it themselves on their website and their Apple Stores?

    Please, please, please, do not switch to Cingular just for this phone! They are known for having the worst customer service in the USA. It was a nightmare being with them (5 calls a month to Cingular customer service, at ~45 minutes each, to correct their billing mistakes). I switched to T-Mobile, and they are FAR better. Their customer service is a excellent.

    Getting back to the main subject though... If this product is being sold as locked in the USA, I will just buy an unlocked one from Europe and have it shipped to me.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • jeff1977
    Mar 29, 11:40 AM
    I use both.... and all I can say is "CUT and paste". Windows has had it for years, OS X SL doesn't.

    What? I don't get it.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Title: Whatever People Say I
  • Title: Whatever People Say I



  • steviem
    Apr 25, 10:33 AM
    Holy crap. I just finished reading the thread. Please stay off the road. You did this **** in your moms E60 M5 with 500 HP? I know where this story is heading. Soon you will take that car to an abandoned airport with 3 of your friends which then you will flip it and kill you and your friends. Or you will do that 155 MPH in a neighborhood. These two examples are true stories of 16-18 year olds kids with an E60 M5 who shared the exact same attitude as you and did those stunts. Please do not drive, learn to fly, etc until you gain the maturity to handle these machines.

    You will respond to my post saying that you will never do what those people did. That you're a safe driver and claim you will never do that. Guess what pal? Those kids also claimed the exact same thing. Now four people are dead and the other is screwed.

    I don't even want him on a pedal bike!





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • insignificantMB
    Apr 25, 02:12 PM
    YESSSS after 3 years of waiting!





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am
  • Whatever People Say I Am



  • KnightWRX
    Apr 30, 04:01 PM
    Thunderbolt promises a faster connector technology to drive external displays

    Right now, Thunderbolt does not deliver faster connector technology to drive external displays. Displayport 1,1a has a bit more bandwidth, Displayport 1,2 has more than twice the bandwidth.


    ThunderBolt to USB 3.0 adapters do exist

    Link ?

    That display isn't happening this time.

    You're saying they aren't going to ship the 27" iMac with its current IPS screen with a resolution of 2560x1440 ? Proof ?





    Whatever People Say I Am. #39;Whatever People Say I Am,
  • #39;Whatever People Say I Am,



  • epitaphic
    Aug 28, 04:00 PM
    There's no question that apple will not *ship* merom machines tomorrow. But there's nothing stopping them from making the announcement and taking preorders.

    ah yes. just like they did with the eMac back in the day. that was popular... you know, not having a product to ship for weeks.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • JoeG4
    Apr 25, 01:38 AM
    https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3Prlrk0QbYDaOxmSguGOc0kuEmbzbJm9kjBNkLTidFebs_Wyfx1nsRSfOdMQBidHOEwFtcwTPM_F0fG02cGmzhY3eN2M9r_zBhf8EWxrkAT9mbjgD1-YDioIzjFUN5KbvcybCyAqYr9SD/s1600/double_facepalm.jpg

    Sadly, this sorta thing only reinforces the stereotype about BMW drivers. .. and teen drivers too!





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • cirus
    Apr 22, 08:54 PM
    An important detail is that one needs to add the graphics TDP to those Intel numbers, so there's still hope for some Llano goodness.

    uh... They already are included. The graphics processor is on the die and the TDP of the chip is for the CPU and the GPU. So do the Llano CPU.

    At least wikipedia it.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • Peikko
    Apr 30, 08:33 PM
    MSFT has not had a real hit in forever.
    Can't be bothered to check anything but the most recent past, so...

    Kinect Confirmed As Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device (http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html)

    Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day, for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.

    The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch. [...]





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am,
  • Whatever People Say I Am,



  • jamesryanbell
    Apr 25, 05:31 PM
    Did I misread something?

    It said a "case re-design", not a refresh of CPU, GPU, HDD, etc....

    Why is everyone talking about a major technology refresh on a brand new MBP? My guess is that they opened up sweat shops in some third world country to file down the edges.... :-)

    R

    By the time the redesigned MBP is out, it'll be time for a massive major refresh.





    Whatever People Say I Am. Whatever People Say I Am
  • Whatever People Say I Am



  • cube
    Apr 24, 07:48 AM
    I did say next gen.

    I don't think Bobcat+. I would say Stars+ this year or Bulldozer+ next year.





    Whatever People Say I Am. whatever people say I am,
  • whatever people say I am,



  • asears08
    Mar 22, 06:40 PM
    CANT WAIT!

    Was going to go with one of the new MacBook Pros, but I am more of a desktop guy so I decided to wait.

    Going for the top of the line model.





    AtHomeBoy_2000
    Apr 20, 10:07 AM
    Not good. I need an explanation.

    iAds





    7on
    Sep 8, 09:12 AM
    Ok so in other words you DON'T need a Core 2 Duo to run Leopard, right?
    Right.

    Leopard will at the very least run on 2004 era macs and most likely all the way back to 2001.





    TheSailerMan
    Oct 12, 08:45 PM
    I was wondering when this was going to happen. I'm glad it finally has, though the news has been a bit abrupt, especially for an Apple product.

    As much as I like U2's music and how much I'd love to donate money to cure/treat AIDS, I won't be buying one of these.

    I like the blue nano too much to buy a red one just because $10 goes to charity, plus... I've been told that red "isn't my color." Seriously.

    This morning I was wearing a solid red t-shirt, kind of like the red that the nano is, and my mom told me to change my shirt. There's nothing wrong with the shirt, there's no profane graphics on it (actually, no graphics at all) and it wasn't wrinkled, she just told me that red "isn't my color" (even though she's the one that bought me the shirt)!

    Hmmm.... does anyone think this will get Greenpeace off Apple's back?:D
    Eh... probably not.:rolleyes:





    aristotle
    Nov 13, 05:45 PM
    You're missing the point. Yes, Apple, as the copyright holder, can define the extent of its license (assuming they haven't already waived the right to do so, which they may have, and assuming it isn't fair use, which it almost certainly is), and, yes, they can decide what goes into the app store, making the extent of the copyright license moot.

    But it doesn't make sense for them to do so! Integration between iphone and mac would only sell more of each. They don't lose money on this sort of use of the icons - it's not like they offer a paid license for those images.

    There is no duty to police copyrights to avoid losing them.

    And, there is no rational alternative to using those icons (despite your repeated "all they had to do is create their own icons" argument) because Apple is likely to turn around and assert trademark/trade dress.

    So all you can do is use words, or images unrelated to the appearance of the machines being represented. If the words say "Macbook Pro," e.g., APple can turn around and say you can't do THAT, either, because that's a trademark. If your handmade image looks too much like a mac, that's trademark infringement too (according to Apple). So you have to make it NOT look like the thing it represents. That totally defeats the POINT of the images in this use.

    It's like having to write an article in a newspaper reviewing a concert without mentioning the name of the band or the names of any of the band members.

    And Apple is doing it for absolutely no good reason.
    I'm not missing the point. You are. They have a right to determine how their trademarks are to be used and if they did not vigourously defend them, you would see MSFT stealing even icons from OS X.

    Apple is a company with a responsibility to shareholders. They are not your friends. Google is not your friend either.

    The purpose of the image use is on a mac. You are also not looking at it from Apple's point of view that Apple wants to have the iPhone be a success regardless of whether the server used in a client server environment is running OS X, linux, some other unix or windows. If they were to allow some of their third party developer running OS X based services use their icons, the real client server developers running in the cloud would complain about favouritism. They have to keep third party developers under the same rules regardless of whether the app uses a mac based service or not.





    FuNGi
    Apr 25, 04:35 PM
    No, I don't think people can spontaneously tell the difference between aluminium and (stainless) steel. I'm talking about people with no knowledge about metallurgy whatsoever. Believe me, they have no idea. They don't know what is lighter and what is more durable. If I told people that my macbook is made out of silver they would believe me.
    And I don't doubt that Liquid Metal will offer new possibilities in matters of manufacturing, so that the macbook's body can be made thinner while keeping it's durability. But my point really is, that people here are expecting it to be some kind of magic material that will completely change the experience of using their macbook. They think it will be different from aluminium as aluminium is from plastic. It's just another kind of metal, almost indistinguishable from any other metal. I hope you understand what I mean.

    Haha. Silver. Collector's edition?
    I see what you're sayin' but I still think that liquid metal DOES offer new possibilities in manufacturing precisely because it is stronger. Apple will then sell this unique product (assuming they actually adopt it - which may be too expensive) to the consumer as an added, and magical, feature. People don't have to have 'metallurgic' knowledge to be wowed by good advertising and think it is going to change there user experience. I for one, think dropping my MBP with a liquid metal chasis would be a better experience than the Al ones which dent and deform quite easily. Maybe it could be an optional build for the high-end model. Say for an additional $300? Marketed to the demanding professional, etc.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment